after watching an episode or two of the kdrama, taeyong nearly fell asleep due to the rocking of the airplane, the only thing keeping him awake being the thought of accidentally falling asleep while the son of the airline's owner was in the same cabin.

doyoung looked over and saw taeyong blinking hard to stay awake and smiled slightly. he wanted the male to spend time with him, yes, but he also didn't want him to force himself to stay awake just for that. in the least creepy way possible, he'd love to stare at his beautiful face while he was sleeping.

"do you want to go to sleep bub?" he asked, startling taeyong into snapping his eyes back open and glancing around frantically.

"huh? oh, no. i'm fine doyoung," he said as he scratched the nape of his neck softly, a habit he picked up from his older sister who would do it whenever she was nervous.

"are you sure? i really don't mind and i'm going to try to catch a wink of sleep if possible."

humming softly, taeyong thought of his options.

eventually he stood up, stretching slightly before telling doyoung that he'd just go and talk to his boss, change his clothes and come back quickly.

nodding, doyoung got up and pressed the button that turned the sofa into a bed, nodding in satisfaction when it was done and throwing a blanket over it neatly. he grabbed his eye mask and slipped in under the blanket, moving all the way to one side so as to give taeyong the privacy that he needed. all of the manner classes he was forced to attend by his parents at least taught him how to be gentlemanly in these situations.

taeyong closed the door softly and walked to the staff cabin above the first class cabins where all the staff would either be resting or just conversing with each other at this time.

he went over to his boss, a sweet lady in her 50s that they all called auntie suh, and sat down next to her. noticing that he sat next her, she placed a bookmark in the book that she was reading and put it to the side, turning slightly to give the auburn-haired man her full attention.

"do you need anything darling?" she asked, smiling sweetly and reaching out to hold his hand, something that just did whenever she was talking to the attendants who she practically considered as her family.

"um, the passenger in cabin e is actually the son of mr. kim," taeyong said looking into her sparkling eyes.

"you'll have to be more specific taeyong, there's about a thousand or so 'mr.kim's' that we know," she said as she laughed gently.

laughing at what she said because it was true, taeyong specified more.

"mr. kim as in the one who owns the airlines."

not fazed by what he said, she just nodded.

"i'm aware. its not as if i'd just let you go into any random passengers cabin. i've known doyoung is since he was quite young and i just started working here. but anyway, you're telling me this because...?"

face flushing, something that seemed to be happening a lot that day, taeyong shyly told her what happened earlier. he felt like the woman was more like his mother than his actual mom but that was a topic for a different day.

"oooh, looks like our yongie has a little crush, huh?" she said wiggling her eyebrows up and down, causing for taeyong to blush even more intensely, face reaching the color of a bright red tomato.

"no! what are you saying!"

"i'm just stating facts! based off of how you're talking about him and how you react around him, its as obvious as day taeyong."

sighing, taeyong scratched his nape as he thought, 'is it really that obvious?'

"anyway, if you came here to ask me permission to spend the rest of the flight with him, its fine with me. we're over staffed today anyway."

smiling brightly, taeyong hugged the woman as he stood up to grab his belongings from his section and rushing to change his clothes.

"ah young love," the woman said, picking up her book and turning back to the page she left off on, once again reading.

✈️

knocking slightly, taeyong opened the door to doyoung's cabin once again and entered quietly, sitting on the other side of the bed from the man that was passed out to the point where taeyong had the urge to check whether or not the other was still alive.

doyoung exhaled deeply and his nostrils twitched slightly, reminding taeyong of a bunny.

smiling slightly, taeyong patted the younger males hair softly, whispering a faint, "sleep well doyoung," before climbing under the covers himself and falling asleep as soon as his head touched the fluffy cotton pillow.

-

taeyong is so uwu i love it

💕