27: Logan

This chapter is really short by my standards at just over 4000 words but I did that on purpose. I wanted it to end where it does and sacrificed the length to do it. Also, this is the LAST Logan POV chapter in this book, minus a short Epilogue. The last 4 are all in Clint's POV and will wrap up his storyline. So please enjoy and I suck at action sequences so sorry in advance.

The last thing I really remember is Clint reaching towards me and then a whole lotta nothing. From what I could tell, it seemed as though Thanos realized that we had used the stones to reverse the Snap and had decided to attack. He unfortunately had the upper hand since the majority of the Avengers were still wherever they were before the snap. According to Tony, that meant some were in space, others Wakanda and a few were just milling about wherever. It'd take a good few seconds for them to arrive so we were horribly outnumbered. And...you know...blown up. 

"Ugh," I groaned and dug in before arching my back, trying to push a chunk of concrete off it.

I groaned when it didn't work and switched to telekinesis in order to forcibly toss the chunk away from me. The act nearly caused me to pass out since I was already out of energy but I was at least free. I sighed in relief and dug my way to the surface before taking in huge lungfuls of air that wasn't mostly dirt. 

"Cap?" Clint called and I glanced behind me to find he had landed a few feet away. "Logan, you okay?"

I nodded and wandered over before grabbing his hand and pulling him up. 

"Yep, just had a building land on me," I informed with a laugh and wrapped Clint in a tight hug.

He smiled and gave me a kiss but stopped abruptly and shoved past me. I glared at Clint and was about to tell him off when I caught sight of what he had seen. The new infinity gauntlet was down in the sewers with us and that didn't feel like it was a good thing. 

"That's not great...right?" I inquired and glared at the gauntlet as Clint picked it up.

He was about to answer me when a noise caught both of our attentions. It sounded like scuffling and I shuddered knowing that definitely wasn't a good thing. Clint switched over to a flashlight arrow before notching it and aiming it down the tunnel. He let out a breath before letting it fly and my heart sunk as I watched it light up the tunnel. Down at the end of the tunnel was what looked like hoards of strange creatures. They didn't look all that friendly and the one in the lead let out a roar after Clint had illuminated it. 

"Damn," Clint muttered and glanced back at me. "Logan..."

"Run like hell?" I guessed and Clint nodded before stuffing his bow on his shoulder. 

"You have no idea."

Clint bolted down the tunnel and I was quick to follow as the creatures began running at us. I cursed a million times over and paused at a fork to shoot at a few of them. Only a handful went down but dozens more took their place. I cursed and continued running, praying that we'd find a way out of the damn tunnels before we got killed. 

"Logan!" Clint called and I glanced over at him. "I got an idea...but you're not gonna like it."

"Try me."