5: Clint

Here is #5 and above is a picture of Jeremy in Arrival. The outfit he wears as a prisoner is similar to the one in the photo as in a plain tee and sweats. Just picture that along with some Nike's and you got it.

Above is also the song 'Sign' by Jeremy Renner, it is amazing and my favourite song by him next to 'Heaven Don't Have a Name'. For the confused people reading this...yes, he does sing and yes, he is amazing.

Anyways...enjoy the chapter!!!

*Chapter 5 starts 2 months before Clint kisses Logan. About two days after he got there.*

For the first few days I did nothing but stare at the wall and starve myself. Not only of food but of sleep as well. I didn't feel like taking care of my useless body and only felt like staring either out the window or at the wall.

Sometimes I even stared at nothing.

I felt lost without the hearing aids and kept snapping my fingers next to my ears in order to see if they were better. Though, the sound was very muffled and I could barely hear the click of the two fingers coming together.

I wasn't fully deaf and could hear most noises if they were loud enough or close enough but human speech was different. I could never hear voices without the aids and used them religiously in order to avoid learning sign language. I did get a bit memorized but most of it was just lip reading and praying that I understood enough to not piss someone off.

Those hearing aids kept me on my a-game and I had used them on every SHIELD mission. They had gotten tweaked and edited over the years but were always the same ones and I loved them. They fit me well, you couldn't really see them and worked so well that my hearing became better than a regular humans. They enhanced my hearing rather than just help it and that was much appreciated. I felt like a true superhuman with those aids and the thought of never using them again was starting to depress me.

They were all I was thinking about as I sat and stared out the window one morning. Hydra agents and guards were busy moving about the compound and I assumed other prisoners were watching as well. You couldn't see into other cells, thank God, but there wasn't much else to do in Hydra so I assumed that's what they were up to. I sighed in thought and laid down on the bed on my stomach in order to be in a comfier position. Even though the bed was hard as rocks and my back ached no matter how I laid on it. I sighed at that to and was about to grab another pillow when I could barely hear the wall open.

I turned to find a young looking Hydra agent had wandered into the cell, lunch tray in hand. He said something which I didn't catch and placed the tray on a chair by the bed. He looked right at me and I was just able to read his lips enough to understand something good was finally happening.

"These are from Logan, she says she misses you," he informed and grinned before walking off.

I jumped off the bed and ran over to the tray which held lunch and a shiny pair of brand new heading aids. I placed the aids in and my world was brought to life by the sound of noise and...clapping?

I turned to find the Hydra agent hadn't fully left and had taken to standing in the corner of the room, watching me.

"Clint...right?" He inquired and I nodded while getting the aids to the right frequency.

I finally nailed it and his voice began to sound clearer and clearer.

"Who's asking?" I shot back and the man grinned.

"I'm Danny, it's nice to meet you," he informed and walked forward before holding out a hand. I shook it, albeit a bit reluctantly, and Danny gave me a smile. "Logan has told me a lot about you, you're apparently skilled with a bow."