14: Logan

5 Minutes Later

We were barely on the boat when I noticed that a young woman seemed to be calling for someone. I turned to find a barely visible head of brown hair in the distance and the rest of him seemed to be stuck. I was about to call for Clint's help when I noticed he looked so peaceful sitting on one of the boats seats. I knew I couldn't disturb him anymore than the battle already had so I shrugged and made my way to the edge of the boat.

"I'll be right back, stay here," I called before running off towards the boy.

Clint shouted something at me but I didn't hear it and just kept running across the square. I finally made it over to the boy who was in fact pinned underneath some rubble. I used a bit of telekinesis to save him and picked him up, rubbing his head to comfort him. I turned just in time to find Ultron was alive and had hijacked our Quinjet. He was flying it straight towards me, guns hot, and I had no hope of running.

"Brace yourself," I muttered and turned so I would get most of the bullets.

I braced for impact but was shocked when it never came and I was instead thrown to the ground along with the boy. I got up and turned to find both Clint and Pietro, the fast one, had ran forward to save me.

"Clint! Pietro!" I shrieked as they both huffed in pain.

"You didn't see that coming?" Pietro inquired, using Clint's signature line before dropping to the ground in a heap.

"Pietro? Pietro! Hey, stay with me," I yelled and moved closer to see if he was even still alive.

Though by the amount of bullet holes and where they were located it didn't look like he was surviving that one.

"Thank you, may your soul rest in peace," I whispered and closed his eyes out of respect before turning to Clint.

He was a little bit better but not by much and had fallen to the ground while I was fretting over Pietro. I checked him over and found that only three bullets had managed to hit him. One in his left shoulder, one in his stomach and one right above the right side of the ribcage. Even though Clint wasn't full of them he still wasn't breathing and that caused me to breathe even faster.

"Clint! Clint!" I exclaimed, shaking him like crazy, while Steve and a few SHIELD workers grabbed the boy and Pietro. "Clint! Clint, please stay with me, please!"

Steve returned and got closer before placing a tentative hand on my shoulder.

"Logan..."

I could hear the sorry in his voice and I wasn't having it. I shook his hand off my shoulder and gave him a glare before glancing back at Clint.

"No! Don't! Don't you say anything!" I muttered, praying that I sounded pissed off and not broken like I felt. "He's alive! I know that he's alive." I leaned forward and placed my head on his chest, letting out a silent sob as I did so. "Please be alive."

"Logan, please, just leave him and--".

I didn't hear the rest of it since at that moment a sound started up from Clint's chest. A sound that was so beautiful I nearly cried and was proof that Mr. Rogers Minus the Neighbourhood wasn't right all the time.

"He's breathing...he's really breathing," I exclaimed and Steve rolled his eyes. "Oh my God he's breathing."

He was about to disagree with me when I dragged him to his knees and placed his hand on Clint's chest. Steve shut his mouth in shock before wrapping me in a tight hug, nearly in tears himself.

"Clint's a fighter. He'll make it," he assured and I nodded in agreement. "Now we gotta go."

Steve gestured towards a few SHIELD personnel who nodded and grabbed Clint, bringing him over to the boat. I followed nearly in a trance, Steve keeping a firm hand on my shoulder.