Chapter 14||Dark Night

(Y/n's) pov:

All I could see was the path in front of me, lit up from the small light the flashlight gave. I focused on my footsteps, as the quietness seemed to be awkward. I counted up to about 45 steps before I heard a rustle in the distance. I paused in my tracks, and quickly looked around, moving my flashlight to where my eyes looked.

My eyes began to wonder the forests' edges, looking for what made the noise. I then happened to see something or someone off in the distance move behind a tree. I moved slowly over to where the path and forest connect, careful to not make noise. I squinted my eyes to see a bright yellow fabric wave in the wind.

Dipper must have not noticed I stopped until a little while after. "Why'd you stop?" He asked me once he got to me. I continued to look at the yellow fabric. "You didn't hear that? It sounded like rustling." I said looking back at him. Dipper chuckled slightly before placing a hand on my shoulder. "I'm sure it was just an animal or something." I sighed and looked back to where the fabric was; except it was no longer there. Weird.. I quickly nodded before we continued to walk back to the Shack.

-

Once we reached the shack, it was about 10pm. I plopped on the floor, feet tired from walking. "I don't have any pajama's to change into.." I say, mind slightly wondering off due to how tired I was from the day. "Oh! I can get you something to change into. Give me a moment." He said smiling, scratching the back of his neck, before going up the stairs.

He soon returned to me with a pair of gray sweatpants and a white tee shirt. "Hopefully these fit" He said with a smile. I returned the smile and took the clothes from him before heading to the bathroom. I quickly changed, excited to go to sleep for once. Once changed, I looked in the mirror. I stifle a laugh, "These must be Dipper's clothes'." The tee shirt was slightly big on me and the sweatpants had to be rolled up at the end.

Once I went into the Pines' living room, I saw Dipper already changed on the couch. I rubbed my eyes before sitting beside him. I looked to the TV, where his eyes seemed to be glued to; an episode of "Duck-tective" was playing.

(Y/n)'s Dream pov:

My eyes jerked open once I felt my arm being pulled. Huh, so I'm back here again? Lovely. I pulled the opposite way I was being dragged, trying to break from the mans grip. Sadly, my attempt failed, only leading to two guys pulling me along, instead of one. "Where are you even taking me?" I decided to speak up.

The one that looked like their leader quickly turned around to me. "Does it matter? It's not like anyone will miss you." I blinked at his response. He was slightly right, I don't even know if my family exists here. "Someone will notice I'm gone. You can't just hide someone and expect people to forget about them." I say, trying to change their minds about taking me. I try wiggling around, only to have the two men's grip tighten around my wrists.

We continued on, walking down the sidewalk. It seems quite ridiculous that no one has noticed this. But.., I guess it is pretty late. I wish Mason was still here. I let my head drift down and closed my eyes as we continued to walk down the sidewalk.

Suddenly, we went to a complete stop again. I decided to keep my head down, slightly tired from walking. "So.. Who do we have here?" A voice spoke. A voice that sounded somewhat familiar.. "What do you want Gleeful?" The leader said. My head snapped up; if Mason was here, he could save me.. right? "Hey- Keep your head down whore." One of the guys said beside me, taking the back of my head and forcing it back down. I winced slightly in pain.

"You could be less forceful. Just tell me for fucksake." I felt the mans glare against the side of my head. "Who's the one in control? Dumbass girl." He said before pushing down on my shoulder, making me fall down to my knees. What a dick. "Rot. In. Hell." I turn my gaze back up to the guy only to see his fist pulled back.

Preparing for impact, I rose my now released hands up in defense. After a few moments, there was no impact. I slowly pulled my arms down, majorly confused. "Are you okay?" Mason said, kneeling down. I gave him an airy laugh. "Not really."

Mason had brought me into his house, he didn't want me to walk back home this late. "What are you doing home this late?" Mabel said, facing the other way. When Mason never responded, she quickly turned around, unsure if it was actually him or an intruder. "Why's she here?" "She just got hassled by some guys. Learn how to chill out for once." Mason quickly responded, slightly annoyed. Mabel let out an airy sigh before returning her vision back to the television in front of her.

   Mason lead me up the stairs, my eyes fluttering closed from being tired. "You can't fall asleep until we get to my room. Can you do that?" Mason asks, looking me in the eyes. I nod my head yes, widening my eyes in hope of making me less tired. We walk down a long corridor until we reach what I assume is his room. He opens the door, revealing a very clean room, not a single thing out of place. The walls the same blue as his eyes, the black covers on his bed pulled tightly towards the head of the bed.

   "I'll get you something to change into." He said before scavenging through his drawers. My tired eyes wandered the room. On his book shelves he had books, of course, but the on shelf interested me. Pictures of him and his family. I walk slowly over to the shelf, lowering myself to the level of it to get a better look. In one of the pictures, it's him when he was younger, his parents and Mabel surrounding him, all with smiles on their face. What seemed odd about this photo was that Mason was the only one not smiling. Looking over at the next one, it's a picture of Mason and Mabel doing one of their shows. The last one was of him and Ford. Or whatever his actual name is here...

Dipper's pov:

I was so preoccupied with watching Duck-tective that I didn't realize (Y/n) had sat beside me. As I was watching the episode, I felt pressure against my shoulder. I quickly looked over to see (Y/n), asleep on my shoulder. I slowly grabbed the blanket by my feet and put it around us, careful to not wake her up.

After a few minutes, the reruns of Duck-tective were finally over, starting to play an older show from the 1990's. I rub my eyes before looking over at (y/n). In the dim light, she looks slightly distressed, moving around for a shot moment. I begin to doze off, theorizing what she's dreaming about.

|~|~|~|~|

(1,242 words)

(A/n: ... DONT LOOK AT ME LIKE THAT. I know, at the beginning of the year I said I would write more.... but then I'm like writing ever 3 months. I've failed as a writer ik ik. Anyways uhhh it's October now :). How's everyone's October going? Does anyone even read this book any more? I really want to write another chapter... I might just start to write the next one.... and maybe not finish it............. I don't know. Uhhh bye now)