Chapter 4||Nightmare

(Y/n)'s dream POV:

   Mabel and I were walking in the forest. I wasn't exactly sure where we were going, but I didn't mind. She seemed to be rambling on about something, but I tuned her out, listening to the nature instead. Everything was peaceful and calm.. until I heard someone laugh psychotically behind us.

   We both turned around, to see Dipper, but with a knife in his hand. I could tell this wasn't actually him, although he looked the same. Except for his eyes that were glowing a shade of yellow. He didn't look human. I quickly looked over at Mabel, who looked terrified, but also aggressive at the same time.

   "Hey Mabel, where did I happen to leave the journals? I can't really remember."  Mabel quickly shrugged her shoulders, aware that the person wasn't actually her brother. "Tell me!" Dipper boomed at us, making me jump. Mabel then grabbed my hand and said, "Nope!" before running into the woods, dragging me along. "God damn it! Get back here!" He screamed at us.

   As we ran throughout the woods, we ran into multiple bushes, leaving small scrapes on my skin. I soon grew tired, and decided to look back. That's when I quickly speed up; Dipper was right behind me, hand reaching out for me. As soon as we gained a slight distance between Dipper and us, Mabel told me we needed to get to the town boarder. "Why are we going there?" I quickly asked her, out of breath. She looks back at me while still running before saying, "Bill possessed Dipper again. He can't pass the boarder because he's stuck in Gravity Falls."

   As we continued to run through the woods, her words rang through my head. 'Bill possessed Dipper again.' Does that mean this Bill person has possessed Dipper before? Soon enough, we reached a clearing. "The boarder isn't far from here. We have to keep going." I nodded as we kept running.

   Once we passed the boarder, we stopped trying to regain our breath. I put my hands on my knees and looked at the floor as I tried breathing slower. I soon was cut off by a scream. My head quickly looked up and saw my sister being held by her arm by Dipper. I looked at Dipper with wide eyes. "Are you crazy?" I yelled at him. I went to pass the boarder, only to be stopped by Mabel. "What are you- I need to get to Amber." I looked back at Mabel confused. "It's already too late."

(Y/n)'s regular POV:

   I jerked up from my bed in a cold sweat. My head quickly looked over at my clock and saw it was 3:26 am. weird. My heart was beating fast, and I was on the verge of tears. It was one of the first dreams- no. One of the first nightmares I've had in a few years. I slowly rubbed my eyes before laying down and trying to get more sleep.

   My attempt of getting more sleep was a fail, as I was scared from my dream last night. Around 7:30ish, I decided I wouldn't be getting any more sleep for a while. I jumped in the shower, hoping to wash away my fears before heading over to Mabel's house.

   After I got out of the shower, I got dressed. I changed and curled my hair before leaving the bathroom. I grabbed a pair of vans out of my closet, before heading back to my bed. It was now 8:40 and I saw Mabel had texted me, Hey! If you wanna come over now, you can eat pancakes with us for breakfast! Once I read her text, I completely forgot about my dream. I quickly wrote to her, I'll be over soon! I grabbed my phone, put my shoes on, and headed downstairs.

   Once I was in the kitchen, I quickly explained to my parents that I was going to be sleeping over at Mabel's house tonight. Once I was done explaining, I grabbed my bag with clothes and headed to the garage and got my bike. It was light grey, with a wooden weaved basket. I got on the bike, got situated, and rode it to the Shack.

   Once I arrived at the Shack, I "parked" my bike and knocked on the door. Mabel quickly opened the door, and tackled me to the ground. I laugh at her as she starts saying how much she missed me. Once we got off the floor, we went inside and ate pancakes.

   Dipper, Mabel, and I sat in silence as we ate our pancakes. I began to think about my dream last night. Mabel must of noticed something was off with me because she asked, "You okay?" I decided that I needed to ask them about this 'Bill' and why I had a dream about this. "I guess I have a question for you two."

   Mabel decided that we should head up to their room, as she assumed it was private. I sat on Mabel's bed, while the twins both sat on Dipper's. "So.." I said, think of how to put my jumbled thoughts into words. I mean., they should know who Bills is. He apparently possessed Dipper before, right? "Do you guys know a Bill?"

Dipper's POV:

   Mabel and I watch (Y/n) as she thought for a moment. "Do you guys know a Bill?" she said. Oh god. This is the part where she tells up she has been working with him, or like.. maybe their brother and sister? Right..? "Yeah. Why exactly are you asking?" She blinks a couple times, slightly taken back from my words. 

   "Oh- well. I just wanted to ask you guys about him because I had a dream randomly last night about this 'Bill'. He had apparently possessed Dipper, and was chasing Mabel and I though the woods because he couldn't find journals." I quickly thought about her remark. So.. she isn't a bad person working with Bill? She's just randomly getting dreams about him possessing me. How nice.

   "Bipper." I heard Mabel say from beside me. (Y/n) continued by saying, "Mabel happened to say something while we were running. She said you were possessed by him again?" I nodded my head.  "We defeated him... three times? Once with kittens, another with tiredness, and last with a memory gun. It looked better than it sounds..." Mabel says excited. I look at her confused, Bill isn't a good person.. well demon. Now isn't the time to be excited. 

   "He's a dream demon. Not 'the dream', he's the worst. I'm surprised that in that statue of his, he can still control dreams." I say. Now she's the one confused. "Statue?" I laugh a little and nod. Mabel jumps off my bed, over to (Y/n), and sits by her. "Yeah. He deserves it anyways."

   Now that I know for a fact that she isn't going to betray us, Mabel and I decided to tell her some of the adventures that we had during our first year here. Although, we most definitely decided not to tell her a whole bunch about Bill, and nothing about Weirdmageddon. Don't want to weird her out to much right? We ended up drifting off from the topic of the journals and into how (Y/n)'s adjusting into Gravity Falls. "Eh. Last night didn't get a whole bunch of sleep because of the nightmare. But other than that, it's been alright."

|~|~|~|~|

1243 words

(A/n: slight heads up, this was rewrote on 1/30/21 at 1:46 am. (also i didn't know it was that late till I'm actually writing this right now lol. Anyways, I'm trying to update/rewrite this book while also do my large ass amounts of homework so I apologies if some of the updates take slower to come out. Anyway: Have a good night/day!)