Chapter 15||Dreams

(Y/n)'s dream pov (continued):

   I felt someone grip my shoulder, squeezing slightly hard. "What are you looking at?" Mason says, a hint of anger in his voice. Looking up at his blue eyes, I think of a response; Tell him the truth, or lie. "Looking at photo's. These are of you.. right?" Of course, I went off of impulse and told him the truth. His eyes quickly move over to the pictures, taking a sigh as if he were holding in his breath. "Yes. Most of them are pretty old though." I continue staring at him hoping he says more, yet we just stay there in silence.

   "I have the clothes picked out for you. They're on the bed." Mason finally says after the long silence. I avert my eyes to the bed to see a stack of clothes. Standing, I made my way to the pile and pick them up. "Put your dirty clothes on the counter, I'll wash them tonight." His monotone voice tells me as I make my way towards his bathroom.

   His bathroom looks super expensive. Marble counters, big tub, really anything you'd see in a mansion. Sliding the clothes off my body I cant help but shiver by how cold it is, causing me to quickly get the clothes Mason picked out for me on. Now, fully awake from the encounter with Mason and the coldness in the room, I decide to investigate his bathroom. You never know if this man is a psychopath... I begin to open the top drawers, seeing normal things in them, like brushes, face wash, etc. Thinking to some old detective movies, I remember seeing them trying to lift the bottom of the drawers up for secret departments. Feeling along the bottom of the drawers, I search for whatever things I might find.

   Getting to the far left drawer, I feel something. A small crevasse that I can slip my pinky finger into to lift up. I take out the items in the drawer and lift the board up, revealing... a paper? I lift up the paper, finding multiple knifes under it. He would keep these for if an intruder came, and not for any other reason... right? A knock from the door practically makes my jump up a foot in the air. "Are you almost done?" Mason calls from the other side. I quickly place the paper back to where it was and carefully place the things back in the drawer. "Yeah, do you happen to have a brush in here?" I question, trying to give me more time, although I already knew where one was.

   After I brushed my hair and folded the clothes, I opened the bathroom door to see Mason sitting on his bed, on his phone. He looks up at me once he heard the door click open, "you can sleep in here. I'll sleep in our guest room." He walks into the bathroom, probably to get my clothes, but takes slightly longer than it would be just to walk in, grab the clothes, and out. Once he arrives back in the room, I begin to disagree with him. "I can't just take your room, I should be the one to take the guest room." He sighs, rubbing his eyes with his free hand. "It's too late to be arguing. Follow me."

   Once he arrived in the room, he told me to get some rest before closing the door as he left. "That was quick." I say to myself. I check the clock on the bedside table to see it was 1 am. I guess it is really late, yet I'm not tired. I decide to think over the day, as I lay in bed in hopes of getting sleepy. What caught my attention in the day was how Mason seemed to know where I was when I was with the group of guys. I thought he went in the complete opposite way, so how'd he get there so quick anyway? And not to mention the fact he seemed scared that I found something in his bookcase? Now I kinda wish I slept in his room to snoop around. The knife's also freaked me out, but there could be a reasonable explanation for them.

   I guess I was right, thinking about my day did make me tired. Laying in my bed, eyes closed, the darkness surrounds me comfortably, allowing me to slip into a light sleep.

   The darkness soon faded to a white, blinding my eyes. "Have you forgotten about me sweetheart?" I hear a somewhat familiar voice say. "Sadly, not yet." I reply with a monotone voice. This demon seems to occupy my dreams one way or another. Appearing in front of me, his yellow and black hair flows in the nonexistent wind, his one yellow eye scans me. "You still look the same as yesterday. Glad to see it kid!" He says, laughing at his own words. I raise an eyebrow at him, confused on what he's laughing at. "Yes, people don't change in one day." His laughing comes to a stop at my words, leaving the white field completely silent. "Some people do." He replies monotone; I must've upset him. "Sit down! We haven't had a chance to talk!" He says, a chair magically appearing underneath me, making me sit in it.

   "What's there to talk about? The fact you keep annoying me?" I ask, somehow not scared of him. "About our future silly! There's a reason I keep annoying you." Our future? "Of course our future! We have one, you know? Well I'll make one." So the demon can read thoughts? Must know how much of a dick I think he is. "I don't want a future with you. I'm leaving." I give him a smile, before closing my eyes.

(Y/n)'s pov:

My eyes opening quickly, I see the television in front of my playing the news. Looking around at my surroundings I'm in the pines living room. Or I'm in a dream.. I think I'm losing my mind from these dreams. Scaring me, I heard the light snores from someone beside me. Turning my head slowly, I see Dipper, the person I'm currently laying against, fast asleep. I rub my eyes before grabbing my phone, conveniently right beside me, to see its 7:15 am. Slowly lifting the blanket Dipper and I shared and getting off the couch, I make my way to their kitchen.

Mabel was quietly talking to her friends who must've spent the night, "... they would make a cute couple, if only they weren't so stupid." "I think I might still like-" The floor cracked as my foot stepped on a floor board. Mabel quickly turned around to me, slightly scared. Once she saw me her face softened, but then turned to worry. "Are you alright? You look pale... and tired." I look at her confused before opening my phone to my camera to see myself. I fit her entire description, looking like I hadn't slept in years and majorly pale (maybe even more pale than the cullens).

She walks over to me and places her hand over my forehead. "You're.. cold?" Her friends stared at the interaction, slightly confused. "She's cold?" "Shouldn't she be hot if she's sick" The two converse with each other as Mabel grabs a thermometer from the cupboard and hands it to me. I place the device in my mouth under my tongue and sit beside Mabel's friends while I wait for the beep. Mabel quickly take the device out of my mouth once it beeps. "95.8° F." (35.4° C for those who use celsius instead of fahrenheit) Mabel looks at me worried. "Is that bad?" I ask tiredness not allowing my to think correctly.

|~|~|~|~|

(1297 words)

(A/n: hehe once I saw people telling me to update.... I decided to finish this. I'm sorry :(((. LMAOO I'm sorry literally I suck at writing. But request and receive. Imma try to actually update more than once before December and then for Christmas I wanna do a special (or a December special for those whom don't celebrate Christmas... let me know what one you'd like more!) also what I think is funny, is that I've been writing this for over 3 (maybe 4) years and I only have 15 chapters. It's the life of an unmotivated writer. Uhh imma make corrections tomorrow because I'm running out of time. Goodnight or good morning to you all reading this and happy Halloween!! :)) )