Chapter 16||Harsh Reality

(Y/n)'s pov:

Mabel had quickly called the town doctor, as she didn't want me to leave the house in the semi-cold morning weather. I sat on the now empty chair, chewing on one of my nails; a bad habit I had picked up over the years from mom. Mabel was in the kitchen, I could hear her speaking softly to Dipper and Ford about what happened this morning. "I turned around quickly and saw her, she looked paler than what she does now. I almost thought she was a wax figure!"

I continued to pick and chew at my nails as someone answered the knock at the door. I could feel how cold my fingers actually were against my lips, an odd but familiar feeling. I heard footsteps approaching me, signaling someone was now in front of me. I looked up to see a young woman, probably in her 30's. Her face dropped, quickly changing to a warming smile. "Hello, you must be (Y/n)? I am doctor Anne. Your friend called saying you had a low temperature?" I gave a small nod.

After she took my temperature and did a few "tests" on me, she went over to Ford. After a moment, Dipper joined me on the chair. "She says nothing's wrong, you just have a cold. It was probably because we were out late last night. It's my fault, I'm sorry." I look up at his face, a sullen look plastered on it. "You don't have to be sorry, I was having fun-" "Yes, but it was my idea, and if we hadn't gone, you wouldn't be sick now." He quickly said with urgency, interrupting my excuse. I sighed, there was no reason for him to apologize; it was something that could happen to anyone. Plus, I don't even think us being out late had to do with it... I feel as though me taking control of my dreams has begun this cold.

"I still don't accept your apology." I say after thinking. "Not to be rude! But, it is just a small inconvenience that can happen at any time. Please, don't feel bad for something that's out of your hands." In response, Dipper mumbles a few things to himself before wrapping me in a blanket and walking off, leaving me to wonder in my own thoughts. Upon doing this, I wondered if I should tell Dipper and Ford about Bill. I mean, they did tell me to tell them if anything else  happened with him. And should I tell them about the different Mason— or should I say Dipper— and Mabel? What is even going on? I stared at the tv and eventually zoned out while thinking on what I should do.

   Someones warm hand landed on my shoulder, making me jump and ready to run. Quickly tuning my head, I see it's Ford, with a worried look on his face. "Sorry... I didn't mean to scare you at all. Just wanted to check up on you." I tried taking deep breaths to slow down my quickening heart beat from the sudden action. "Uhm, it's fine. But I'm not exactly sure how I'm feeling right now. And I'm not referring to the cold.." I decided I should tell him about Bill, all of it. He nodded and walked out, only to return quickly with a clipboard. "Is this about Bill?" I gave him a slow nod.

   "It feels as though I'm now having dreams— sometimes nightmares— every night now. Before I even came to Gravity Falls, I don't think I had even had dreams for years. Thinking on it now, I realize I did end up leaving a detail about Bill from when we talked. He said something about wanting me. Not sure in what way, but it freaked me out to the point where I forgot it." Taking a moment to think of my words, I took a deep breath. I also needed to stop myself before saying that I lied and that I really did remember him saying that... "Ever since that night, I feel as though someone is watching me from a far... After that was the incident at the pool, which I sure you've heard about"

"Last night, Dipper and I went for a walk. There was one point as we were walking home where I had saw him standing behind a tree. Although, Dipper ended up not seeing it, so it left me believing I was just seeing things... But then I had another dream last night. He basically told me that we have a future together, and I had no choice in it. Oh, and during our conversation, I mentioned something about how people don't change in a day. He said some people do and seemed really upset... do you happen to know anything about this and why he's doing this to me?"

   The man standing across from me was furiously writing on the clipboard in front of me. I watched his pen scribble from right to left as I waited for him to answer. Once he stopped writing, he stared at his paper, looking like he was collecting his thoughts. He sighed, the first noise I heard from him in the last 5ish minutes besides his pen. "This is serious, more serious than I thought it would be. I don't want to do this, but I think I'm going to have to monitor you dreams, it may stop him from entering them or it'll help me get a better understanding of what's going on." He paused for a second. "And, to answer your questions, Bill and I used to work together. Before you wonder why I would work with a demon as heartless and cruel as him, he had tricked me. I though what we were doing was good, but it ended to be bad, and after I found out cut ties with him at all costs. I think that's what he's referring to by people change in on day."

    I looked into this man's eyes, which looked the most sincere than I've ever seen. He had probably just exposed one of his big secrets to a girl who he barely knows. And yet, it made me feel better. Almost like him and I could relate now to how be both are dealing with Bill, whether that been in real life or in our dreams. A wave of calmness flushed over me, now realizing he probably realizes how I feel. I feel scared, I barely know anything about this demon and what he's capable of.

|~|~|~|~|

1099 words
(A/n: 😅 hi.............. uhm. We're not going to talk about it. Okay? Let's just say I wrote this chapter in three portions, the first like 4 paragraphs, then a few months later like 5 more paragraphs, and now today deleting like 4 of those paragraphs and writing the rest. ANYWAYS. I blame my sophomore year and the spring concert I had yesterday. I decide to read a book on this app that I LITERALLY love and then had the bright idea of: "hmmm maybe I should, update.... it's been like 6 months" okay scold me in the comments cause I deserve it, and i will totally see y'all in like another 6 months 🥳)