Chapter 7

"I am the Acting Grand Master of the Knights of Favonius, Jean Gunnhildr. A pleasure to meet your acquaintance."

"Archons, you're gor- I mean, likewise." Amell bent his head down in embarrassment, scrambling on what to say at the last part. Prioritizing a shrewd mentality than succumbing to his masculine instincts was the most outstanding choice to be hired. He couldn't help but compliment her in secret. Lisa, who was by the Acting Grand Master's side glimpsed upon the dusty edges of a tome she held in her hands, a saccharine smile ornamented her already pleasing-to-the-eyes facade. 

Were all the women working here seductresses? Had he set foot in the wrong workplace? 

He didn't expect to meet someone so refined and elegant. Sure, he's met a few charming damsels in his solitary travels but none carried a monumental undertone with them. These women were of another level; in class and beauty. It frightened and excited him. 

"The recent applicants who presented themselves to us were disingenuous and palpably... puzzling..." Jean sweetened her comment. She wasn't used to badmouthing her people. "How many have we let in, Lisa?"

The bewitching woman breathed heavily every move she made. By the gods, even the slightest movements of her hands were associated with arousing scents. She must've been toying with him if she was doing it on purpose. No wonder a lot of the poor men were fired today when they lined up this morning.

"He is the 52nd applicant... He's cuter than the previous ones we've interviewed. But how is your head, Jean?" Sweet mother of Barbatos, did she moan in between that? 

Amell gulped, wanting to get this interview over with. 

Groaning, Jean defended her eyes against the brightness of the outdoors, determined for this headache to subside peacefully if her will was stronger. "It's gnawing at me. If we can just hurry this up, I'll follow your orders and retreat to my bed. I still have a duty so... Amell." She called his name and he focused back on business.

"I'm sure you already know what I stand for and I will just reiterate it to spare you of a long speech. I protect Mondstadt with my life and as much as it pains me to say... It takes a lot out of me when I... go over the top..."

"Jean has been in the glares of many who expect her to uphold the standards of Grand Master. She doesn't fail to succeed and she's passed out a total of three times in a day on her last assignment. Coffee doesn't really help her anymore." Lisa's perverted-like gestures were thrown into the gutter as she was now worried for her friend. "We keep telling her she should take it easy every now and then. She doesn't. This is why her co-workers believe having someone reliable and sturdy to watch over her will keep her physically and mentally steady. And... This is where someone like you comes in. We need someone who's prepared to give her intelligence when she asks and the monitoring for her health. Can you do that?"

Amell couldn't understand exceeding his limits but he chose to give Lisa a sign he was listening.

"How qualified do you think you are in managing Jean's health and duties should she exhibit signs that she's unable? This is the Acting Grand Master we are talking about, not a regular person."

"I've met countless people on the road who were sick and homeless. I'm confident I can take care of a little headache." Amell simply replied. "I don't really panic when stuff like that happens." He was here to work. He liked Jean too when he first saw her. Standing up to Lisa, Amell bowed. "I've been bestowed with a Vision. I can protect and take care of her." He looked up from the floor, getting awkward when the witch made no noise. "That is if you'll hire me..."