thirty-two

32. right or wrong

A FEW WEEKS HAD passed since Kylo and Vada got back from their unexpected stay on Naboo

A FEW WEEKS HAD passed since Kylo and Vada got back from their unexpected stay on Naboo. Since then, Kylo and the Supreme Leader had decided their attacker must have been a member of the Resistance, though Vada didn't believe that.

She had also finally finished her very own lightsaber, with Kylo's help through the process of bleeding. She had yet to actually use the deadly weapon besides training, and in all honestly it frightened her a little. She had already stepped over a boundary quite a few times without such a powerful weapon, what would happen if she'd use it? Would she become like Kylo? Someone born in a good family, who turned to the Dark Side?

Vada had also taken up another 'hobby' of sorts. After contemplating for a long time, she'd finally decided to read her mother's journal. She had taken it with her when she left the Palace, but she kept it with her even before that. Though, she never had the guts to read it. With her father and brother acting so strange, she felt as if perhaps the secret to their behavior was written in the journal.

She hadn't found anything of use in it, yet. She had read through at least a quarter of it, but it was mostly just stories about her mother's life and duties as the woman betrothed to the future King, and her relationship with her brother, Vada's uncle.

One night, after a long and exhausting day of training, Vada found herself on her bed, clutching the communicator she used to contact the Resistance. She had already warned them about Starkiller Base, but they didn't seem to have acted on that information.

"Connix?" she spoke through it, "are you there?"

The static seemed louder than ever, and it seemed to take longer as well. "Yes Vada, I'm here. Come in."

Vada let out a small breath in relief. "I need to ask a favor of you...of the General."

"What is it?" Connix asked .

The Princess closed her eyes and sighed, she didn't want it to come to this, but she couldn't abandon her family, not if they might be in trouble. "There's something wrong with my father, and my brother," she explained, "they haven't been answering and when I went to see them...I was attacked." She hadn't told them this before because she wasn't supposed to go home until her infiltration was over. In all honesty, she was withholding a lot from her allies in the Resistance, how could she tell them she had killed a Resistance fighter on her first mission, and that she was now Kylo Ren's apprentice?

It was silent on the line for a while. "You went to see your family?"

"Yes," Vada admitted. "I had no choice, I knew something was wrong and I was right." The line went silent again for so long Vada thought Connix had left. "Hello?" she tried.

"Vada, what do you need us to do?" it was another voice, and it silenced Vada for a while. She recognized it, because she had spoken with it while plotting her infiltration many times.

"G-General Organa?" Vada barely managed to say. It was the first time she had spoken to the General since she joined the First Order, and also the first time since she found out Kylo is her son.

"Yes, Vada," the woman spoke, "it's good to speak with you." Vada didn't know what to answer, she wasn't sure how she felt. "Now tell me, what can we do for you?"

"I uh...I need you to contact my father, make sure they're okay," she explained, trying to set her confusion about the General aside. "I know something isn't right, but I can't be there to help them."

"Alright," the General confirmed, "it might take some time, but we will check in with your father, find out anything we can."

"Thank you, General," Vada confirmed, nodding though no one could see her.

She heard the General laugh, "no, Vada, thank you for what you're doing for us. For the entire galaxy. This is the least we can do to help you."

The conversation ended after that. Vada rolled over on her back and stared at the dark ceiling. There was too much going on in her mind, too much to process, too much to think about. When she figured out this plan to avenge her mother and her brother, she never thought it would be so complicated.

She was supposed to infiltrate the First Order as an officer, gather as much intel as she could for a couple of months and then return home and pretend nothing had happened. The Resistance would have an edge on Snoke and she would have been the cause for his ultimate demise. But nothing was going according to plan. She wasn't just an officer, she was Kylo's apprentice now, she had found a piece of herself that was dark and twisted and that she'd never seen before. It scared her, but not as much as she knew it should.

Besides her not being in the position she was supposed to be in, her family was also seemingly falling apart. Almost as if they were possessed they became these completely different people than those Vada knew to be her family.

And then, there were the people here. On the Supremacy. Before she got there she thought them all the same; evil, power-hungry narcissists with the intent to rule the galaxy and destroy anything and anyone standing in their way. But now that she'd been here longer, she'd gotten to know people. Someone like General Hux would be her prime example of what she'd expected them to be. But some of them weren't. Dom wasn't anything like how she imagined Stormtroopers, he was just a man in a position he didn't choose to be in, trying to do his work to survive. Sei wasn't a power-hungry murderer who craved to rule.

And...Vada's mind stopped spinning for a minute. This was something she hadn't even before thought about, or perhaps she did but just never realized it. But she knew what she was thinking. Someone else who wasn't at all like she imagined was Kylo. And she didn't just mean his unlikely heritage. Now that she had spent more time with him she felt like she was actually getting to know the man behind the mask, though she wasn't sure if it was a good thing, yet. She always thought of him as a murderous monster, but why would a murderous monster save her life? He had shown more care for her in the past few months than her family had, but she didn't know why.

All she knew was that nothing was going according to plan. But if everything was wrong, then why did it feel right?

・。・。☆・゜・。・゜。★・。・

This is a bit of a filler, I know, sorry. I just wanted to summarize a few of the things going on and give a bit of an insight into Vada's mind and how conflicted she is about everything.

Also, @rooseboltons made this great video for Vendetta, so check it out!