nine

09. punctuality

SHE HAD SETTLED INTO her quarters fairly quickly

SHE HAD SETTLED INTO her quarters fairly quickly. Though, there wasn't much to do. She was given multiple uniforms by the Order, but they were slightly different than those of regular officers, they showed more power. Besides her raven pin, the only thing she had from home was her silver spear, she'd never leave it behind. The only thing on a small counter in the room was a notebook, it was leather-bound and its paper hadn't been used in ages.

It wasn't her notebook, it was her mothers. A sort of diary. Vada had found it shortly after her mother died and kept it ever since, no one else knew. But she never read it, she couldn't bare herself to open it and hear her mothers voice in her head when she first got it. By now, she was afraid she wouldn't remember what her mother sounded like. She thought she'd probably never open it, and that was fine.

After showering in the small bathroom – it was way off from what she was used to – she dried herself up, put on her uniform and the pin and braided her hair. She was expected to meet with the General this morning, and she didn't plan on being late.

She wasn't, not by a second. As a matter of fact, she was earlier than need be, but the General was already there. He looked upon her with a smug grin and a hint of disgust as she walked towards him.

"Ah, her highness has decided to grace us with her presence," he spoke mockingly, "finally." He sat down in one of the long black chairs near the end of the oval table, the rest of the seats were already filled, except for two. The other one near the end of the table and the one next to General Hux.

Vada gave him a – fake – polite smile. "Actually, General Hux, I am right on time..." she said while sitting down in the chair next to him. "Perhaps the first official act of me being an officer is propose all leadership are provided with a pocket watch, hm?"
Hux scoffed as silently as he could and looked away, not responding to her remark. It made Vada grin, she had no love for the General whatsoever, and she didn't mind if he knew it.

While Vada wasn't late, someone else was. No other than Commander Ren. "I will again brief the Supreme Leader of your lack in punctuality, Ren."

The Commander remained silent until he was seated in the last empty chair. He then crossed his arms. "You may, be sure to inform him of your lack of success in the stormtrooper program as well, perhaps he'll reconsider using a clone army instead." Vada didn't like the Commander, but she respected his mutual distaste for Hux.

Said General – who was now almost fuming – stood up and addressed the entirety of the table. There weren't many  people, just the important ones on the Supremacy. Besides Hux, Ren and herself, Vada noticed three other officers and a quite remarkable stormtrooper. She guessed this specific trooper commanded all others.

"We have recently discovered a trading outpost to be a secret supplier for the Resistance," Hux informed, "it is far off in the Outer Rim, on a planet by the name of Iego. The Supreme Leader wishes for officer Craene and her squadron to accompany Commander Ren and our troopers on a mission to take down these traitors."

"Wouldn't they be a valuable source of intel?" Vada implied, being the obvious opposition at the table, "I mean, they're close to the Resistance, they could give us information in return for their lives."

"The Supreme Leader wants for you to try to get information," Hux replied, a bit more calmed down. "And we kill them no matter what they do." A smug smile graced his lips.

Vada tried not to be bothered by it. "What message would that sent about the Order?" Vada argued, she had no understanding for the craving of immediately killing these people.

"The Resistance was built by traitors," Kylo Ren suddenly spoke, "they will die, all of them."

・。・。☆・゜・。・゜。★・。・

Thank you for reading & voting & adding Vendetta to your reading lists, it's very much appreciated!