thirty-five

35. promises to be made

PLOTTING HER REVENGE HAD given Vada a surprising sense of calmness

PLOTTING HER REVENGE HAD given Vada a surprising sense of calmness. She wasn't sure if it was her own mind playing tricks on her, but knowing exactly what she was going to do to avenge her mother had eased her anger.

She closed the drawer where she hid the communicator between some neatly folded clothes and made her way to her bed. Her eye fell on the diary on her nightstand. Her mother's diary. She had been reading it slowly for a few weeks now, and learning a lot about her mother's early life. Though, she hadn't read much about her mother being force sensitive yet.

Vada was about to pick it up and continue reading, when her door slid open suddenly. Kylo strotted in, mask on and fists clenched.

She raised a brow, "can I help you?" she wasn't in the mood for training, not now. She had been training quite long enough, and though she wouldn't kid herself by saying she had reached her full potential, she had learned many things over the past few weeks. She had learned enough to execute a perfect revenge.

He tilted his head in question before removing his mask, placing it on the dresser near the door. His hair was messy, and if it wasn't for the annoyance still on her mind, Vada might've commented she liked it that way.

"I heard you spoke to Snoke," was all he said, arms crossed and lingering near the now closed door.

She sighed and sat down on the bed, leaning against her pillows. "The Supreme Leader," she emphasized, "had something to discuss with me."

Kylo frowned, "care to share this...something?" He hated not knowing what she was talking about. He hated the fact that the Supreme Leader had told her something he didn't know even more. Why was she suddenly being let in on information that he wasn't? It bothered him. Hux knew this of course, when he sneakily slipped it to Kylo that Vada was meeting with the Supreme Leader.

Vada just shrugged, "he told me something I should've known a lot longer."

Kylo's eyes narrowed, his mind scanning every piece of information he had learned about the Princess of Ilia. Surely he must know what she was talking about already.

She didn't give him time to think. "I assume you already knew?" her tone was laced with a slight anger to it. But he didn't answer. "About the Resistance murdering my mother and uncle?"

He gave no visible reaction. This was on purpose, of course. He knew better than to agitate her any more. And to be fair, he had never known the details of the deaths of the Queen of Ilia and her brother. Snoke had never discussed this with him before. But perhaps it was the reason Vada's surname meant something to him when Kylo first brought her up to him.

Deciding not to comment on his knowledge about the fact, Kylo asked something else, "what are you going to do about it?"

She avoided making eye contact with him, she didn't want to spill everything. She couldn't, or he would know she had been in contact with the enemy. And as much as she hated them now, she couldn't risk exposing herself for what she had been, a traitor.