ten

10. Iego

THE DAY OF THE mission to Iego had arrived

THE DAY OF THE mission to Iego had arrived. Vada wasn't nervous. She had prepared for this long before she decided to infiltrate the First Order, she knew what to do.

She, along with Commander Ren, their squadrons and some other troopers were to attack the possible trading post for the Resistance and try to get information out of their leadership, and kill them after. Vada had tried being subtle about talking the General and the Commander out of killing these people even if they cooperated, but she hadn't been successful. She didn't like it, but taking down the entirety of the First Order was worth more than a few traders' life.

Unfortunately Vada wasn't given her own ship to command, so she had to fly there with Kylo Ren and both their squadrons.

Clad in a neat – but flexible – black uniform, Vada boarded the ship. She stood beside Commander Ren at the very back of the ship. He didn't speak, she was alright with that. She feared talking to him would give away that she was trying her best to keep her mind closed off from him.

But she didn't know he wasn't speaking because he was trying to infiltrate her mind. He was strong with the force, very strong. It bothered him how he could not see into her mind, how he could not know what she was thinking. Though she wore no mask, she showed no emotion whatsoever. Almost like she was taunting him.

Luckily, the ride didn't take very long. Soon they were landing on Iego's basaltic spires, the doors opened and the stormtroopers ran out. Immediately, a trading outpost was infiltrated, but only those outside were in harms way.

Vada's objective was clear. She was going to try to get to the Rebels hiding on this trading post and warn them, tell them to hide. She'd have to be very careful not to let anyone, especially Ren, notice her.

She followed the stormtroopers, her staff at her side, and she exited the vessel before Ren could, annoying him. The traders were already being put in lines in front of the entrance, the troopers held their guns against their heads while they kneeled.

Vada's eyes searched the in chaos erupted crowd for someone who hadn't been found yet. At last, she spotted a human man hiding behind a slit in the canyon. She ran up to him and pointed her blaster to his head. "Can you sound an alarm?" He was startled, and didn't understand what she was saying. So she repeated herself. She held the gun against his forehead now and crouched before him. "Can you sound an alarm?" she hissed. Hesitantly he pointed towards a control panel before the main entrance.

"Thank you," she told him with an apologetic smile before using the butt of her blaster to knock him out. She stood up, making sure no trooper, or Ren, was watching her. They were occupied in lining up the traders and making sure they weren't warning anyone.

Vada took this as her only opportunity and ran towards the control panel, she searched the buttons, but she had no idea which one was the alarm. Hoping it'd be her lucky day, she decided to press the large red one.

She was in luck, immediately a loud alarm sounded and red lights flickered above the entrance. Without anyone noticing, she made her way back to the lineup. The traders were facing the entrance of the building, the troopers and Ren and Vada were behind them. Weapons aimed and ready.

She glanced at Ren, in search of any suspicion, but there wasn't any. He was too preoccupied in the mission to notice her sabotage. Right now, he was angry that one of his troopers had allowed for someone to warn the Rebels.

Soon, the entrance opened and a chaos of blaster fire erupted. Red, blue and whatever color of fire flew around Vada's head, but she was trained for this. She hoped she had to take no one out, but she wouldn't get herself killed. So she aimed for the feet when the Rebels stormed out of the building.

Troopers made their way forward, as did Kylo Ren, who deflected many blaster shots with his lightsaber and pushed Rebels to the side with a mere wave of his hand. In some way, it fascinated Vada. But she had no time to admire.

She avoided a blaster shot by an inch and took cover behind a large rock. When she wasn't a direct target anymore, she got up and shot at the Rebels' feet. They were injured, but not deadly. She wouldn't kill them. She hoped Commander Ren wouldn't notice, and if he did he hoped he just thought of her as a bad shot. After all, a blaster wasn't her regular weapon.

Ren and his troopers pushed forward, entering the building. Vada followed them. They made their way down many platforms and through various Rebels. But there were far less than Vada thought there were. She hoped they had taken her warning and ran.

After a short while, they had cleared the entire building and were left in the offices. A man and a woman sat on their knees in front of Commander Ren. Vada stood behind him slightly. Two troopers stood at the door while the others made sure there were no other Resistance fighters.

Kylo Ren crouched down before the man. He was the Director of the trading outpost, the woman was his secretary. "Tell me. Where are you hiding the Rebels?" The man held his tongue, but that didn't stop Ren. He held out his hand before the Director's face and used the force to bribe it out of him. "Where are the Rebels?"

He tried resisting, but lasted only a few seconds. "T-The hangar!..." his rapid breaths were then cut off by Ren's lightsaber in a single strike. The woman screamed, a sound that would surely haunt Vada for the nights to come.

Ren and Vada went to the hangar immediately. He had no intention of letting the Rebels go, She prayed they had taken her warning seriously and were long gone.

When they entered the hangar only one rebel ship remained, and they could still see the rest flying out of Iego's atmosphere and ascending to lightspeed.

Ren lashed out, igniting his saber and striking the remaining ship with a roar. By doing so, he startled one last Rebel, a native who had been hiding behind the ship. He took out his blaster and aimed it at Kylo Ren, who reacted too slow. Vada was faster. She pushed Kylo away to stop the man, but when she did, he fired, and hit Vada in the thigh. She yelped in pain and clutched her leg.

Now that Kylo had finally noticed, he used the Force to move the man to him, and he dropped him to the floor in front of him.

Vada's wound wasn't lethal, but it had awoken an anger inside of her. And with the adrenaline in her body working like crazy she didn't wait for Kylo Ren to put the man to his end, she took out her blaster and shot him through the head without second guessing it.

The anger passed in an instant, but she had already done it. She had killed the Rebel. She had killed a man. Her eyes widened slightly, but she was still too focused on not showing any thought or emotion, so she didn't.

Kylo, also surprised by her actions, turned towards her and looked at her leg. "Can you walk?"

She scoffed. "I'm fine." She turned away from him and walked back to their ship. Her mind totally blank of emotion.

・。・。☆・゜・。・゜。★・。・

I hope you're all staying safe and taking precautions during this difficult time!