fourteen

14. eyes

VADA HAD TRIED TO make contact again for the days to come, but she never got an answer

VADA HAD TRIED TO make contact again for the days to come, but she never got an answer. Every day she prayed to hear someone's voice on the other end, but it never came.

After two weeks, more missions and more spying for the Resitance, Vada decided she couldn't live in uncertainty any longer.

"General," she said politely, her hands folded in front of her body. He looked her up and down smugly.

"What do you want, Officer Craene?" he spit. He was preoccupied with something else, more important presumably, and he refused to look at her any more.

"I'd like to request a brief mission," she shared, her voice still as polite as she could, even though she'd prefer to throw this man across the Bridge.

He scoffed, loudly. "You would like to request a mission?" He then turned to look at her, and laughed. "What gives you the idea that you have such authority?"

She smiled, a little smugly, but still polite enough to not get on Hux' nerves even more. "Well, I am a high ranked Officer. Besides, my Kingdom has given you five million soldiers, all of which I still command, and could call back... any time." He didn't answer. "Perhaps I should personally explain to Supreme Leader Snoke why I had to withdraw my men so suddenly."

The General visibly clenched his jaw and balled his fists. "Fine. What kind of mission is it?"

"Personal," she informed him. "Ilia has unfortunately been unreachable, I must go there to make sure everything's alright. It won't take too long, two days at most."

・。・。☆・゜・。・゜。★・。・

Hux had since informed the other officials of Vada's mission, and she was given permission.

Unfortunately, Commander Ren had decided he should join her. For diplomatic reasons, so she was told. She hadn't even seen him in over a month, so she was more than surprised to hear of his interest in her trip.

Nonetheless, they left in the same ship, with two troopers and a pilot. So, there they were, in the transport, in utter silence.

She looked at him, his mask, to be precise. It was turned towards her but she wasn't sure if he was looking at her or not. She hated not being able to see his eyes. It gave him much more control.

Though, her mind was still very much closed off.

She wondered what his eyes looked like. If they were big, or small. Round or slender. She thought about their color, were they blue, or maybe brown. Perhaps they were even purple. She wouldn't know. She didn't know anything about him. Was he even human?

Before she knew, her mind had been so preoccupied with how the Commander looked, she failed to notice they'd arrived.

Their arrival wasn't planned, so there wasn't a welcoming once they stepped out of the transport.

She walked out first, the Commander in tow. But he caught up to her once she stood still and breathed in Ilia's air. She had missed it.

They were greeted by two guards who escorted them to the throne room, where her father was, and her brother.

"Father," she said, a genuine smile on her face as she saw them. "Brother. I've missed you both."

"Vada." Her father spoke. His voice surprised her, he sounded unusual, colder than she remembered. "We didn't know you were coming."

She nodded, "I have been trying to reach you for the past month, but I've gotten no response," she explained. "I was worried."

The King scoffed. "Must be a problem with your transmitter, everything's fine here."

She frowned softly. "Good," she muttered. Something seemed off. The way he spoke, the way her brother stared at her without emotion. Even the guards seemed different, but she couldn't quite place it.

"It's getting late," the King said, "you and the Commander should join us for dinner, you can leave in the morning."

She looked over her shoulder at the Commander, who had stood silently behind her the entire time. He made no move to disagree, so she agreed. "We'd be honored, father."

"You're dismissed."

With her stomach twisted, she stood up and walked out of the room, Kylo Ren was behind her. In the halls she stopped him in his tracks.

"Can I ask you something?" He said nothing and waited for her question. "I know you can see into people's mind... did my father seem off to you?"

He remained quiet for a few seconds, and she wondered if he was even going to answer. "He felt tense," he answered, "on edge."

Her stomach twisted even more and it made her feel sick, she knew something was wrong. She had left and something had happened, she could've been there to prevent it. "Do you know why?"

"No," he spoke. She nodded, looking back at the hallway and pondering her thoughts. Though he couldn't see into her mind, he felt her worry. "He's a King, Princess. They're on edge all the time, nothing was too off. Don't worry."

She looked back at him, his helmet, she hoped to see through the cracks, but didn't. Even though she stood so close, she could feel him tower over her, but she saw nothing.

"Thank you."

・。・。☆・゜・。・゜。★・。・

[A/N]

Thank you so much for the kind comments on last chapter and thank you for understanding! I've almost got everything written out again, so I hope to be writing a lot more very soon.

What do you guys think is going on on Ilia?