seventeen

17. a killer

USUALLY her mind was focused

USUALLY her mind was focused. Full of thoughts, but focused nonetheless. It was different this time. Her focus was faltering, she knew it. She held on to the little bit of sanity she still had and made sure Kylo did not see inside her mind, for she'd be doomed if he did.

Her mission still stood. She was still seeking out to end the First Order, to kill Snoke if she had to. For the Galaxy, for the Resistance, and for her family.

But did all of that even matter now?

She wasn't sure. The Resistance would probably still be on board, but her family had deemed her a traitor. Her own brother had tried to shoot her, her own men tried to kill her and her father wanted her imprisoned.

This mission started as a way to seek justice for the deaths of her mother and brother, but now, even her living relatives seemed gone.

She had been so afraid to fall victim to the power Snoke and his apprentice Kylo Ren used, the Force. She feared they would figure her out, and murder every last man woman and babe on Ilia with their murderous skill.

But never had she even thought about being able to use that skill herself. Did that mean she was also capable of the monstrosities Snoke and Ren committed? She didn't know, not yet.

She sat in the hangar of the ship while Kylo remained in the cockpit. They didn't speak after he told her she needed a teacher. She knew what it meant. He wanted her to become like him, a monster. How would she get out of it? Could she even get out of it?

The flight back to the Supremacy was hazy for her, and she barely registered being dragged out through the hangar by Kylo. She still hadn't fathomed what she had happened, what she had done.

He only let go of her arm once they were in the elevator. She sighed heavily, then. "What will happen, now?" she asked him.

He didn't respond until after a few seconds. "The Supreme Leader will decide your fate."

A little fear had risen up inside of her. Snoke had a reputation, a very dark one. No one knew where he had come from, but once he was there he had brought death and destruction to the Galaxy. He was the one who made Kylo Ren a near murder machine, he was the one to destroy planets and societies until no one even knew of their existence.

And now, he was to decide her fate. It made her shiver.

The doors of the elevator opened finally, and Kylo once again took her arm and dragged her along. He didn't hurt her, but she couldn't get out of his grip either.

Right in the middle of a red decor she saw him. She felt cold immediately, the entire room felt suffocating and her instincts urged her to get out as soon as possible, but she couldn't.

Kylo let go of her once they were standing before the Supreme Leader, and he kneeled. Vada, knowing she still had to be a loyal First Order employee, did the same.

"Rise, child..." Snoke told her, she did, while Kylo remained on the floor and only looked up, helmet still on. "My apprentice has informed me of his revelation." He spoke slow and menacingly. "Tell me...how long have you known?"

She assumed he wanted to know how long she had been able to use her power, the Force. "I never knew, Supreme Leader."

He laughed, "ah...that is rather remarkable. I sense your energy from where I'm seated, you're strong...stronger than you know. What do you know about the Force?"

She thought for a small moment, before telling him whatever she knew. "It's an energy...it surrounds all living things and...some people can use it to their advantage."

He laughed again, Vada hated hearing his laugh. It sent millions of shivers down her spine. "You're not wrong, but you still have much to learn, my child." He averted his gaze to Kylo and nudged his hand for him to stand up. "Lord Ren, you shall see to it that the Princess of Ilia learns about our ways, show her how to channel her emotions into power and you shall make her a true Knight of the Dark Side. Soon, she shall be your equal, but first, she will become your apprentice."

Kylo nodded, "as you wish, Supreme Leader."