twelve

12. normal

DAYS PASSED BY QUICKLY and Vada's wound recovered more and more every hour

DAYS PASSED BY QUICKLY and Vada's wound recovered more and more every hour. Every day she got up early, showered briefly so she'd be in the cantina before anyone else would be, she didn't like eating with members of the Order. Pretending to support their cause got tiring after a few days. After breakfast she'd make her way to her Office, though small but confided, and she'd work through the day, then she'd attend a meeting with General Hux, Commander Ren, the silver stormtrooper whose name she'd learnt to be Captain Phasma and the other First Order officials. During the evening she'd take food to her quarters to eat alone. Most nights, she used the tiny microphone she had sneaked inside and spoke to the Resistance. Not to the General directly, but to a Luitenant. Connix, if Vada remembered correctly.

So far, no one on the Supremacy had noticed her forgery. She'd been telling the Resistance about literally anything she'd find. She wasn't able to warn them about the mission to Iego because the microphone had been blocked. By the Supremacy, most likely. She spent a full night reprogramming it past the blockade, unfortunately too late for the mission to Iego. Though she was glad she didn't have to report how she killed a Resistance fighter to Connix.

The morning a week after the mission to Iego, Vada was in the cantina early, as always. She took her food and sat down on one of the many plain gray tables. The Order wasn't one for decent decoration.

Her head shot up in surprise when a woman walked in. Vada recognized her. She was one of Hux' assistants when they were on Ilia. The woman grabbed a platter and her food.

Vada grunted internally when she saw the woman walking over and sitting across from her.

"Good morning," she said, a smile on her face. "Haven't seen you around here before. You're the Princess from Ilia, right?"

Vada nodded and smiled back, "yes, I am. I've been coming here early to avoid the crowds, I thought I was the only one."

The woman laughed. "General Hux had me pinned down in his office for the last week, there's been so many paperwork, it's unbearable." She ate her food as if she loved it, while Vada was still having trouble swallowing it down.

Vada raised a brow. "Doesn't he do anything himself?"

"Oh, no. Hux skims the paperwork, he handles the important and thus exciting ones himself, and leaves the boring ones for me and his other assistant. Most of the paperwork falls into the boring category, so Hux does the bare minimum."

The hint of annoyance and dislike that came from the woman's story fascinated Vada. She thought all the employees adored their leadership. Why else would they remain loyal?

"Oh I'm Sei, by the way," the woman introduced herself, holding out her hand. "Sei Akura."

Vada took her hand, not reluctantly, Sei seemed nice enough. "Vada Craene."

Sei smiled. "Nice to meet you, Vada." Vada smiled back at her. "How is working for the First Order been these past weeks?"

Vada shrugged, "well I was injured on my first mission, so there's that." Sei grunted and mouthed an 'ouch' which made Vada laugh. "But besides that, it's been mostly paperwork and boring meetings with Hux, Phasma and Kylo Ren."

"Eh," Sei purses her lips, "I'd hate to be at those meetings. The bickering between Commander Ren and General Hux really starts getting on your nerves after seeing it too often. There'd be way too much testosterone in that room for my taste."

Vada laughed. "I can't tell you that's not true." After her laughter died down and she took a bite of the disgusting food again, for a moment she forgot she was a Princess infiltrating the First Order for the Resistance. She forgot she was in the middle of a Galactic War, she felt like a normal woman, for a moment.

It went by too quickly as reality snapped back when two chatting officers entered the cantina. Vada realized she'd been in the cantina way too long because of Sei.

The two women finished their food without speaking again, but they remained in a comfortable silence. For once, Vada didn't feel annoyed by eating while others were in the room.

"So, see you again tomorrow?" Sei asked while Vada got up.

Vada nodded. "Yeah. See you."

・。・。☆・゜・。・゜。★・。・

Thank you so much for the votes, it really motivates me to keep writing!

I hope you're all safe!