Eclipse Prep. Week

Boboiboy's POV

It is now Wednesday. I could not believe that we were already halfway through the week. We had been so busy getting everything ready for Saturday's eclipse. I have no idea why but part of me can not wait for the eclipse to take place. I kept getting more excited and restless the closer it got. I had yet to talk to my friends about the situation my elementals and I are in and they have left me alone. I was upset at first but I still have company and I could hardly take the anxiety I felt for this weekend, despite not knowing why I was so anxious. I could not focus on anything much and I am pretty sure people have noticed because everyone has stopped talking to me. I could not help it though, even my elementals were excited. I could feel it. Lightning was even slightly excited despite not showing it, I could feel that much. Even Light seemed to be thrilled at the thought of the eclipse without knowing why and he hated the dark. I had talked to them about it but the were just as lost as I was. So, here I am, trying to decorate while practically bursting with excitement, all by myself. Or at least I was until Fang showed up asked what was up with me. If only he knew that I had about as much of an idea as he did.

Fang's POV

I had been on my way to get a red carrot donut when I saw Boboiboy fixing decorations. To my surprise, and confusion, he looked way more excited than I was and I was getting my favorite treat. I decided to go see what was up, it had been a while since we talked anyway, about two days. "Hey, Boboiboy!" I called. He seemed to be surprised that I was there. He still seemed excited so I decided to ask about it. "What is up with you, Boboiboy? You have seemed really excited about something this week," I stated. He smiled but the smile looked off somehow, like he was nervous or had been caught. Weird. He laughed a little, "I am just excited about the eclipse is all. I mean everyone is, right?" I was guessing there was more to it than that but, he was right, everyone was excited. But that could not be the cause of Boboiboy's behavior. Could it. I did not know but I decided not to dwell on it for now. "So," I said "I was wondering if you wanted to come with me to get a donut." He seemed really hesitant. Well, he probably just wants to finish what he is working on. But, still. "Come on, Boboiboy. We will not be gone that long and I can help you get things set up for Saturday when we get back." He seemed to consider for a while before saying "Okay, but just a quick break alright and you really do not need to help me when we get back." I could not help but smile. I really had missed hanging out with him despite it only being a couple of days. "Great. You really should have a break. It seems like you have been working pretty hard on all of this and I will help you after I get my donuts." He laughed, which was nice. He had not taken a break from his duties all week. He was probably really stressed and tired. It is a wonder his powers have not been acting up lately. Which reminds me, "Hey, Boboiboy?" He hardly acknowledged me with a "Hm" and a glance. He really is very distracted lately. "Have you noticed that your watch has been glitching some lately? Is there anything wrong with it?" He suddenly tensed a little. Anyone else would have definitely missed it but I just barely caught it. "Oh. No, there is nothing wrong with it. Really. It is probably just from where Adudu and Probe hit it with that ray. It has not been giving me any trouble and I do not want to bother Ochobot when nothing serious is wrong." He shrugged then grinned a little. "So, how about that donut?" I knew he was trying to change the subject but I decided to let it slide. Besides I really did want that donut. So, I smiled and with a small nod and a "Race you!" comment from Boboiboy, we ran off to the shop.

Boboiboy's POV

I was so relieved when Fang did not press on the fact that I was dodging the subject. He actually just went along with me seriously trying to beat me to the shop. I knew something was wrong but I was also really not wanting to worry anyone over my issues. When we got finally got to where we were going Fang seemed a little surprised that I was not out of breath at all. I just smiled, knowing that it was Tok Kasa's training that got me to be so much faster now. As we were walking in however my smile faded. I suddenly really did not want to be around any people. I waited impatiently for Fang to get the donuts so I could get away from everyone. On our way back we did not really talk much, which I was strangely thankful for. He did stay to help but I set it up so that we were on opposite sides, away from each other. We finished decorating for the day an hour later and decided to head our separate ways to get some sleep before another day of school. That night, like previous ones, I talked to my elementals then changed into Water so my body would be able to rest. The next morning, when I got back control of my body I showered and headed to school feeling more anxious then I had the day before, but I somehow managed it and even got a very good grade on Teacher Papa's surprise math exam. After school I headed to the Kokotiam and helped Tok Aba and Ochobot out for awhile after doing my homework. After a few hours Atok said it was time to go back home and get some rest so I helped clean things up then we headed home. The next day was just about as exciting except for the fact that I didn't talk to anyone except my elementals who were trying to help me focus in class, especially Light and Earth who was the most responsible elemental. That night while I was talking to my elementals they seemed to be worried about me. "Are you sure you are alright, Boboiboy?" Earth questioned. "Yeah you have not been talking to anyone except us not even your friends, not that I mind the attention, but still" Fire agreed. Leaf then piped up, oblivious, saying "What is wrong with him talking to us? I like it when he does." Leaf's statement made me smile as I mentally responded, "Yes I am fine. I'm just a little out of it is all. Besides you guys are great to talk to!" I could feel Lightning get a little worried but could tell he was hiding it. "Are you not worried that your friends will be upset that you stopped hanging out with them?" It was now my turn to frown. "I have not actually thought about it much, you know. It is not like they are really trying hard to hang out with me anyway. Besides I do not want to be with other people now. I can not help it, I just want to be left alone. Anyway, Water it is your time now. I...um...we need to get some sleep. The eclipse celebration is tomorrow. Are you ready?" Water shrugged, "Yeah just make the call when you are ready." I nodded, not thinking about if they could tell or not. Then, out loud, I said, "Elemental power! Boboiboy, Water!" Then I felt everything calm down and relaxed into it until the next morning was to come.

Hope you enjoyed if not maybe next time. Please let me know what you think. See yas!