Chapter VIII: Safe in your arms

Shuhua POV

"You're not my daughter!! I'm disowning you're disgusting!!" My father said to me angrily while pointing his index finger on me.

I'm kneeling down on the floor as I lowered my head in fear and pain. Suddenly a tear escaped my eyes, I don't want to look at my father 'cause it hurts me so much on how he looks at me.

"Stop it!! Shuhua go to your room and we will talk." My mother held my father's arms and she pushed him away from me.

"She's not our daughter!! I don't want a child who likes their same gender!! DISGUSTING!!" He said as he went to their room and slammed the door angrily.

My knees weakened and I almost fell down but I my arms to support myself. I'm still on the floor crying and sobbing, My breath becomes unstable, I can't stop it.

It just hurts so much, that your own parents cannot support you no matter how good you are.

I felt a hand caress my back and lifted my chin.

"My daughter.. stand up now I will bring you to your room." Then she held my hand.

She brought me in my room and closed the door.

"Do you really?"

"W-what?" I'm still sobbing.

"Like girls?" She said unsure.

"You already saw dad yelling angrily at me mom! It's obvious!! I won't be surprised if you were disgusted of me too.." I yelled but it sounded like a whisper, I don't have enough energy.

"I don't know what to say but I still love you my daughter.. but can you please at least lessen your.. you know.. for your fathe-"

"NO!!" I said as I stormed out of my room, snatching my purse and walked down the stairs.

Dad suddenly came out of their room, I didn't even want to look at him because it hurts me so much. My own father.. nevermind. I'll just get out of this house.

Suddenly I just felt I fell down the stairs.

My own dad pushed me.

My own father.

"Don't ever come back here." He said as he went back to their room.

I stood up weakly and went to the door, I looked back into our- no, their house, remembering every happy moments we used to share, but it was all gone just because of being myself.

I saw my mom upstairs, looking worriedly at me, I just smiled sadly, closing the door and left the place with a heavy heart.

I unconsciously crossed the road and suddenly I looked at my side and all I can see was the bright light coming from the headlight of a car.

"Shuhua!!"

I quickly sat up on my bed, breathing heavily and sweating badly.

"Are you okay?" Yuqi asked worriedly.

"I-I don't know.." I stared blankly at her.

"Y-you're crying.." She said as she wiped my tears. She held my hand and caressed it. "What happened? You can tell me, but its okay if you don't want t-"

"I had a nightmare" I blankly said.

"What happened?"

"I-I..."