Chapter X: Run Away (Part 2)

Miyeon POV

Is this fate? AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!

I thought while keeping a straight face because i'm with the girl that I always think about. I managed to not smile and gaze at her, knowing that she's holding to my arms. But I'm also worried, she's drenched and might have fever later. So I walked a little faster. Suddenly a thunder roared through the sky that made me scream.

"AAAAHHH!!" I accidentally let go of the umbrella and covered my ears, closing my eyes tightly.

Third Person POV

Shuhua flinched because of the thunder and also because of Miyeon. When she saw the taller girl, afraid of the thunder, she looked at her worried and extended her arms, softly placing her palms on top of Miyeon's hands.

"It's okay" Shuhua said comforting Miyeon.

Now Miyeon opened her eyes, she stared at Shuhua while her hands were still covering her ears. They didn't noticed that they were now both looking at each other at the middle of the road, soaked in rainwater, under the moonlight. Just like those slow-mo scenes in kdrama.

"O-Oh gosh!! The umbrella!!" Miyeon suddenly removed her hand from her ears, making Shuhua's hand swing in the air. The smaller girl again winced in pain because of her damaged wrist.

"Ow.."

Miyeon took the umbrella again and apologized to the smaller girl.

"I-I'm sorry.. Come on we're near to my house now.." Miyeon nervously said.

"You're also wet now" Shuhua said plainly while looking at Miyeon.

"What?"

"I mean you're soaked now, like me" Shuhua laughed awkwardly.

"Oh okay.." Miyeon just chuckled.

Cute.

She thought.

Then Shuhua again held onto her arms, making her body a little tense, but she managed to continue to walk with a straight face.

After few minutes they reached her home.

Miyeon opened the door and looked at Shuhua. The smaller girl just looked at the floor avoiding the taller's gaze.

"You can come in Shuhua." Miyeon giggled and patted Shuhua's head.

"But your floor will get dirty if I step in.."

"It's okay, I can clean it later. Okay? Please feel comfortable in my home."

Shuhua now raised her head and nodded lightly.

"The bathroom is at the right of the kitchen okay?" Miyeon said while closing her umbrella and putting the plastic bag of the foods on the table that she brought earlier.

"Okay.."

"There's already a towel there, I'll just bring you later clothes" Miyeon added.

"Thank you" Shuhua said as she closed the bathroom door.

Shuhua removed her soaked clothes, and turned on the shower, She let the warm water flow through her body as she closed her eyes. Thinking on how long she can still run away from her parents.

Her hands stroked her hair and continued to take a shower.

Meanwhile, Miyeon went to her room, looking for comfortable clothes for Shuhua. She smiled as she saw her a bit oversized hoodie as she imagined little Shuhua wearing it.