Chapter XV: Understand

Third Person POV

"Shuhua! Elkie's waiting for you outside!!" her mother yelled loudly, Shuhua lazily rubbed her closed eyes, "What??" her voice was hoarse 'cause she just woke up.

"Elkie's outside!!" her mother shakes her while she was still stretching and yawning.

Shuhua blinked a few times until she realized what her mother said.

"WHAT???!!!" She quickly stood out of the bed and went to peek at the window.

Her eyes widened more as she saw her father persuade Elkie to go inside their home.

Her mother tapped her shoulder that made Shuhua flinch.

"Mum!!" She said annoyed, her hair was still messy, her face was puffy, but she still managed to look adorable.

"You're so cute my daughter" her mother giggled and pinched both of her cheeks. Shuhua felt she missed this but she was confused because she can't remember why.

She brushed it off her mind and pretended to be annoyed by her mother's antics.

"Shuhua your girl friend is here" Her dad intentionally separated the words.

Her mother grinned at her and went outside of Shuhua's room, "Get ready now" She winked at her daughter and closed the door. "Are they teasing me??" She asked herself.

..........

"Where are we going?" They don't have classes today so Elkie surprised her.

"Hmmmm, where do you want to go?" Elkie chuckled.

"I asked first!!" Shuhua smacked Elkie's shoulder repeatedly while laughing.

"Ouch, I'm just kidding!! We will go to the park okay stop smacking me now" Elkie made a defensive pose that made Shuhua laugh more.

...........

"Do you want to taste this?" Elkie pointed at her strawberry ice cream.

"No thanks, I hate that thing" Shuhua said as she continued eating her chocolate ice cream.

"Why?"

"I just don't like it, just..." Then she made a disgusted face. Elkie laughed while pointing at Shuhua's face.

"Why are you laughing at my cute face huh" She pretended to flip her hair, she can't flip it because she tied it today.

"It's because you're still cute" Elkie changed her expression into a soft one, and stared at Shuhua.

Shuhua didn't want it to be awkward but she's Shuhua, she gay panics, so she still made it awkward.

"T-There's a p-playground there! c'mon!!" she said as she avoided Elkie's eyes and pulled her to the playground.

They stopped in front of the swing, luckily there was two swings. They sat and held onto the rope of the swing, holding their ice cream on the other hand.

"What are your plans for the future?" Elkie suddenly asked.

Shuhua looked at the sky, admiring the sunset. "I don't know, maybe where my feet will bring me, what my mind wants to do in every moment, you know.. I'll just go with the flow" She said and smiled at herself.

"That's a little deep" Elkie chuckled and smiled at Shuhua who's still admiring the sunset.

Suddenly Shuhua's expression dropped from happy to hurting. Her ice cream fell onto the grass as her hands quickly held her head tightly.