Chapter XVII: Danger

Miyeon POV

"Don't you know how long I've been waiting for you? I kept telling myself everyday that one day you'll find your own way back to me." Tears rolled down her cheeks as she released the hug. Her tired eyes stared on mine, while her lips formed into a smile.

She said that made my heart beat fast, at the same time feeling the pain in Shuhua's words.

I scanned her to see if she was okay, I tried to stop myself from crying but it failed. "I'm sorry Shu.." I leaned my forehead on her shoulder. "I still can't forgive myself from what i said that day, I thought it was the last time that i will see you.." I tried to hug her but she was already gone when i blinked.

I woke up from a dream. It was just a dream. I thought it was real, I looked down as i think about her again, wishing that i will see her, hug her and say sorry to her. Yeah I look like a stupid but I will not stop blaming myself on why we lost her.

The plane already landed and i took a cab.

30 minutes later...

I stepped out of the cab and the guards immediately recognized me.

They took my heavy belongings and brought it inside the house.

As i entered the house, my parents welcomed me with a warm and tight hug. "Ack! Mum, Dad! I can't breathe!" I joked while hugging them back. I missed them so much after a long time that they didn't came home in Korea because of their work.

"How are you? Did you eat already? Do you feel sleepy?" My mum asked, worrying about me as if im still her little baby. She patted my head even if i'm already taller than her. "I'm okay mum, don't worry about me." I said as i also patted her head. She tickled me because she knows i'm teasing her. "Mum stop!" I said as i cackled loud enough to annoy my dad who is cooking in the kitchen. "Your laugh is still as annoying as before Miyeon!" Dad pretended to be irritated and smiled afterwards.

The night came, I laid on my bed and smiled tiredly. I sighed deeply as my eyes closed on its own.

Third Person POV

Yeeun came back home, as she opened the main door she felt something unusual.

It was quiet.

She knows Soojin is a quiet person but not like this.

She checked the whole place just to see no signs of Soojin.

She peeks at the window hoping that Soojin was just buying something outside, but no- no Soojin everywhere.

She tries to contact the girl's phone but it was out of coverage.

.....

After few months in Taiwan, Miyeon still tries to adapt on daily life in this country.

She had few new friends that guides her to understand their country more.

One day, it was their lunch time.

She sat on the cafeteria and waited for her friends to sit with her.

Suddenly, a familiar girl walks meters away from her. She tries to take a good look of the girl because she feels that she knows her.

Miyeon was still adjusting to look at the girl then she flinched when her friend tapped her shoulder.

"What the hell?" She said half yelling.

"What are you doing huh?" Her friend teases her. "Are you looking for a new girl huh? huh?" Her friend says as she pokes Miyeon's shoulder.

"Yah! Lisa stop!!" Miyeon said as she tries to avoid Lisa's hand because it tickles her.

"Okay, okay." Lisa stops and lets out a toothy grin.

"I think I know that girl."

"Who is she?"

"I don't know, I just feel it"

"You're just hungry Myeon. Eat." Lisa said as she pretends to feed Miyeon with her sandwich that was still wrapped in plastic.

"yAH!" Miyeon grabbed the sandwich and unwrapped it.

"Do you think I can meet Sh-"

"Shuhua, Shuhua, Shuhua. Yes, of course. But Taiwan is a big country Miyeon." Lisa said as she munches on her food.

"I can travel."

"Yes but you're too busy now."

"I know-"

"Nah stop, you will find her. Okay?"

Miyeon nods.

She always asks Lisa about this.

Lisa understands her friend so she always says that she will and she can.

Then their other friends joined them on the table.

.......

Soojin POV

Where am I?

Why is it so dark...

The last thing that I can remember was I went outside to buy something and then I just woke up in here.

I feel so weak.

"I know you are not her real brother but why are you pretending to be one??!!" A familiar voice shouts, ringing in the whole room.

Not my brother?

"I love her!!"

"No you don't! If you love her you will never do this to her or to anyone that you love!" The voice said, emphasizing the word love.

I already know who was the angry voice were talking to.

It was Hui. My "brother".

"Kino! I just did that because I can't lose her!"

"No!! You were just obsessed- you also hated that she never likes any men!"

That was the last thing that I heard before I fell asleep because of tiredness.

Soyeon POV

I was scrolling through my news feed and suddenly a message popped up on my screen.

Help! you're soojin's friend right? i cant find her here im so nervous, i evem contacted her phonr but it was out of coverage, pls help me

I was about to go outside and find Yuqi, but as soon as I opened the door, an unknown man pointed a gun at my forehead.

"Come with me or I'll kill your girlfriend."