0.3

"Andy? What a surprise!"

Andy went home with Sam that evening, after spending almost the full day at the Miyagi-Do dojo with Sam. The girl basically forced her when she found out her dad was M.I.A and was barely ever home in the past two weeks. Apparently Amanda was quite surprised to see the two together.

"Hi Mrs. LaRusso." Andy smiled softly.

"I told you, call me Amanda." She gave her a side hug. "What brings you here?"

"Can she stay for a few days?" Sam blurted out. Amanda looked at the two confused.

"My dad hasn't been home lately. Usually I go to Miguel's on those days but..." Andy trailed off, looking down. A lump formed in her throat at the thought of all those nights she spent at the Diaz household.

"Of course you can stay!" Amanda smiled. "Come on. I just made dinner."

Andy was quite surprised at how nice the LaRusso's were. Apparently Sam and Andy shared a lot of things in common and got along well.

Andy found out in that moment the only reason she really hated Sam, was because she was friends with Yasmine, and then because she had Miguel's attention. Sam was actually nice now that she wasn't acting like such a privileged girl.

The two girls ended up having the best night in two weeks. They got along well, and Andy got hourly updates on Miguel from Carmen so she was reassured he was okay.

The two girls went to bed peacefully that night, in Sam's bed.

Andrea Lawrence was quite surprised to wake up and find that Amanda was making breakfast. Never in her life had Andy woken up to the smell of bacon.

Both her and Sam got ready fast and headed downstairs where Andy found not only Amanda, but Daniel and Anthony too.

"Hey girls. Listen, Amanda filled me in. Andy, you can stay as long as you need to, okay?" Daniel smiled at the two.

"Thank you Mr LaRusso." He nodded and went back to cooking with his wife.

Andy didn't know how today was going to go. After yesterday's mishap at the stairs, how was she suppose to face today?

But having Sam by her side made her feel stronger. She didn't feel like she had to bare the weight of what happened on her own shoulders anymore. She had Sam to help.

That's how the two girls managed to walk into school with their heads held high. Sam made eye contact with three girls muttering and whispering while staring at the two. Quickly, she walked over to them and dragged her new friend with her.

"You wanna say something? Say it to our face!" Sam exploded.

"Don't stand there and whisper like little bitches." Andy backed her up. The three girls remained silent, glancing at each other in fear.

"That's what we thought." Sam said in a sarcastic tone as the two turned to walk off.

The stairs.

Even with Sam's hand in her own, Andy felt afraid. Her mind flashed to Miguel falling again and her breathing picked up.

The girl was momentarily distracted by Sam ripping her jacket half off and exposing the wounds from Tory's spike bracelet. They were healed now, but left a nasty scar.

Andy glanced up, at the railing that her friend had fallen off of. She pictured herself falling, and visibly shivered. How much pain was Miguel in?

Suddenly, she felt like someone was holding her other hand. But nobody was there. It was warm and comforting and Andy held onto that feeling for dear life.

It felt like Miguel.

As the two girls traveled up the stairs, it felt like Miguel was holding Andy's hand, guiding her. She didn't feel alone, or hurt. Miguel was holding her broken hand, and slowly healing it.

She felt okay.

Andy was just getting inside her car when she received a call from Carmen. Her face fell and her stomach dropped. Carmen never called, always texted. So why was she calling now.

"Hello?" Andy answered in a breathless tone. "Is everything okay? Are you okay? Is he okay?"

"Andy..." Her breathing hitched. Carmen sounded like she had been crying. Why was she crying? Her heart was breaking more and more with every moment of silence.

"Please tell me he's okay." Andy felt her eyes fill up with tears. He couldn't be dead. No. She would go insane if he was.

"Andy, he's awake."

Awake. Miguel is Awake.

It took Andy a long while to process that. Miguel Diaz was awake. She didn't move or speak for almost a full minute.

"He's what?"

"Awake honey, he's awake." Carmen spoke in an excited tone. "Miguel's awake."

"He's awake. Miguel's awake." Andy repeated, as if trying to process it. "HOLY SHIT HES AWAKE!"

The two woman spent a good minute just sitting in silent happiness. Miguel was awake, which meant he was going to be okay. Andy had never felt better.

"Okay uh, I'm gonna come up to the hospital." Andy used her shoulder to hold her phone so she could grab her keys with her good hand.

"Nono, he's still in the ICU which means you can't see him yet. He's also too weak to talk or else I would put him on the phone. When he's good to talk I'll have him call you, and when he gets moved to a room where you can see him."

Andy felt disappointed. She really wanted to go up to the hospital and see him.

"What, Miggy? The phone? It's Andy, I was telling her the good news." Carmen sounded distant, which meant she probably pulled the phone away to talk to Miguel. "Don't try to talk honey. What is it? Do you want to hear Andy?"

Andy's breathing hitched. He wanted to talk to her.

"He can't speak but do you want to say something to him?" Andy quickly dropped her keys and held her phone properly.

"Yes absolutely." Andy waited a few moments before she heard some uneven breathing. "Hey Diaz, miss me? Cause I sure missed you." She could hear him wheeze out a laugh. "You have no idea how happy I am. I can't come see you right now, they won't let me back. But tomorrow after school I'll come up whether or not I can come see you, okay? By then your voice should be back and I expect a phone call, okay?" Andy felt like the breath was knocked out of her. He could hear her. "I-I love you, Miguel. I'll see you soon...mi amor."

A few more moments passed before Carmen spoke.

"He keeps mouthing I love you, just letting you know. I'll see you later." With that, Carmen hung up.

Andy spent a good ten minutes in her car, staring at nothing. Miguel was awake.

She never felt more okay.