《First encounter》

"I can't see you in my dreams anymore

"I can't see you in my dreams anymore . . ."

***

Wang Yibo's POV

As I saw the light before I heard the thunder, I felt how my body crumbled down in fear, the lightning filling the street as I shivered in the thin jacket, something wet crawling down my face.

I reached out my hand to touch it, only to realize they were tears, old and new ones getting mixed; I didn't even know I had been crying until now.

My legs felt wobbly as I tried to take an unsteady breath, my eyelashes flashing as the sound of the thunder filled my ear, the wind howling like a crying wolf beside me.

"Take a breath Bo di," a soft voice said, whispering like a melody.

Suddenly a strong pair of warm arms held me quietly in an embrace; I felt my shoulder hitching as the person spoke into my ear, his breath tickling softly, "watch out for the X." What?

I tried to wriggle myself away from his embrace or to at least turn around to see his face, slowly his grip turned softer when I was about to face him somewhere near us; a rumble of thunder was heard.

And my eyes closed shut in an instant when something poked my cheek, again and again, I became annoyed, shooting my eyes open, ready to kill the person who did it as the image of the street changed.

It blurred as it started to fade; I tried to see the man or boy who had just held me, but he wasn't visible, yet I heard his voice through the breaking world, "watch out for the X."

Before I realized what happened, I slapped something or, in other words, someone as my eyes shot open, an annoying groan leaving my mouth.

"Man, Wang Yibo, have you ever slept yesterday?" Hoaxuan shook his head as he poked my cheek while I was trying to slap his hand away, but Jiyang was already faster as he pulled his hand away.

"You kinda look like you just stepped out of a grave ge," Ji Li said, as I groaned again, wanting to slam my head against a wall.

"Guys, don't worry, I just slept horribly recently; I probably suffer insomnia." I ruffled a hand through my hair, looking out of the window to see a shadow running away, and as I rubbed my eyes, it was gone.

I turned back to the boys, shaking away the creepy feeling running down my spine; I was probably seeing things due to my awful unstable sleeping pattern.

"Bo di, since you were late this morning for the lecture, I had already taken this off your table." I turned to Ji Li, raising an eyebrow as he appeared with a small white bottle in his hand and a letter in the other.

"Ahh, yeah, I saw it on your table too Bo, I don't know what it is, but I suspect it is sleeping pills?" This time my attention went to Jiyang, who smiled innocently at me as he yawned.