《Seventh encounter》

The more you love, the more you suffer

The more you love, the more you suffer . . .

***

Wang Yibo's POV

Cherry blossom petals danced on the warm breeze of the hot summer evening while soft strokes of moonlight glimmered on the golden decorations of the shrine, and I took in a deep breath.

I got kept safely in the tender arms of someone, someone very familiar because the warmth that the person developed around us was a safe feeling, and my feet moved swiftly with his movements while my body took over the lead, I was dancing in his embrace, safely away from the monsters of the world that were lurking in the darkness of the corners because with him I was safe like he promised me.

The safeness wouldn't last long anymore, and so thus, I took every second into my heart and locked it up there.

But then I spoke the familiar words that were putten onto my lip, waiting to be said, and broke the icy silence that the night created between us, unable to stop myself from letting them slip, "your love is like a sandcastle that'll fly away with the slightest breeze." I leaned closer into his embrace.

Our feet kept moving, almost did I collide with him, but he, the gentleman he was, helped me like he always did, it was as if our feet knew their way out without us, and I listened to his uneven heartbeat that reminded me that I was still alive after all.

Once again, I slowly but surely opened my mouth, only to listen to the soft words that escaped, "I'm trying to enjoy whatever I can until it comes crashing down." I heard his soft breath slightly hitch, yet he didn't show anything on his face that was hidden behind a well-built facade, his features delicate like porcelain in the shadows of the moonlight.

And for a fracture of a second, just one glimpse second, I felt like a fairytale princess, but unbeknown to him and the outside world, this would all end, even before anyone could blink twice.

But maybe instead of waiting for my prince on the white horse, I should be waiting for my dragon to rescue me. After all, not every fairytale ends with a happily ever after . . .

"Is that so?" His familiar voice was hoarse through the quiet ballroom, and the silence spell of the night got broken by now, "I hope your expectations aren't too high, or you might be disappointed." his eyes were dark as always and were able to be compared to the dazzling night sky because his inside his soft dark eyes was a whole universe with shining stars visible.

Though besides that, this time, I could see that he was giving me a sign of warning, and I almost wanted to laugh if it wasn't for his stable voice that sent cold shivers down my spine because he had never sounded so different.

And I tried to stretch my neck to look at the person I recognized as my someone whose name was on the tip of my tongue, yet it seemed lost in the fog of my mind, from the moment I woke up in this embrace while we were dancing, somewhere I was afraid to see who he actually was, but I couldn't wait, he had let me wait too long.