《Third encounter》

"Listen to me as one listens to the rain

"Listen to me as one listens to the rain . . ."

***

Wang Yibo's POV

I shouldn't be doing this.

It was the only sentence going through my mind like a chant as I stared down at the three small pills in my hand; I looked up, glancing at the bottle with the big X sign as I once again looked back at the tablets.

Something, like a gut feeling, had been tugging at me the whole day, I know I promised Zhan to wash away all the pills, and I did, but I kept three apart because I had seen something or better, someone yesterday during that masquerade ball.

I took the pills in, trying to ignore the voice in the back of my mind warning me, and quickly gulped down water with it as I placed my head against my pillow.

This afternoon, after my lessons, I had also talked with my doctor about sleeping pills; and what the standard amount was; he had told me that because I have a weak heart, the utmost I could take were three, depending on the strength.

I sighed, closing my eyes, feeling the tiredness washing over me, knowing it was a stupid decision, but also knowing this would be my last time taking these, so they wouldn't harm that badly, right?

The soft breezes of the summer air whistled through my tuxedo as I looked around, realizing I was looking through a mask, and quickly I tried to adjust myself.

I walked inside to the party; people were mingling, talking, dancing, laughing and sipping from their wine as my eyes quickly scanned the crowd of people.

"Didn't he warn you not to come here, little lion?" I swirled around, looking right into two deep brown eyes that cut through my soul as a shiver raced down my spine.

"Miss Chen." She gave me a sly grin before sipping her white wine, holding her head slightly oblique; she was dressed casually in the same clothing as yesterday, her lips a bit more natural this time

"Did you notice how well you mingle into this party right now? The first time you came here, you were wearing a bright Spongebob pyjama with messed hair, and today you're wearing a nice tuxedo with mask, hair did, and all; do you know what game you're even playing, little lion?" I bit down my lip as I refused to avert my eyes.

"Little lion, listen well, not everything you see is what it seems like, look carefully, as you will be surprised by the things you see." I frowned, "I have my eyes open, and-"

"And you see nothing, little lion." Her voice was sharp as a knife, just like her gaze was; she placed her wine down in a manner that made her powerful.

"You have your eyes open, but you see nothing, Wang Yibo." She clicked her tongue, and as she said so, she turned around, not giving me time to respond as she clicked away on her high heels.