《Thirteenth encounter》

Directly, or indirectly, everything we write is for someone

Directly, or indirectly, everything we write is for someone . . .

***

Wang Yibo's POV

"Sleep my little babby-oh

Sleep until you waken

When you're grown, you'll see the world,

If I'm not mistaken."

A quiet voice was lulling when I entered the balcony, the man still with his back facing me, continuing to murmur the lyrics of a song that send a shiver down my spine.

A fresh breeze of the cold night air rushed towards me as I raised my hand to touch his shoulder, but it was as if he didn't notice anything, continuing his song at a quiet creepy pace that made my heart race.

"Kiss a lover,

Dance a measure,

Find your name

and buried treasure

Face your life

Its pain, its pleasures

Leave no path untaken."

He stopped, and something made me wanna turn around and run, but I stood there, not able to leave nor move as the man kept quiet, staring at the moon with his head oblique.

Slowly I took a step back, praying for my life as this was creeping me out, sweat dripping from my forehead; I turned around.

When I wanted to walk away, I saw him.

In the reflection of the window, staring back at me, his face dull, his eyes filled with no emotion as a creepy smile hung around his lips, he waved at me as my legs carried me away.

I ran and kept running towards the door, still eyeing the reflection of that man, standing there, unmoving while waving his hand with that creepy big unhuman smile.

The moment I finally got inside, back to the crowd. My chest was heaving up and down as if I had run a marathon.

I hastily looked around, searching for a familiar face before my gaze landed towards the outside of the deck again; through the window, I could see the creepy man who stood there had his back facing me again, slowly walking towards the rail of the deck.

The man walked and walked, his steps uneven, almost like his legs were dragging his body, and when he stood at the rail of there, he gradually turned around, that huge inhuman smile still plastered on his face, his eyes dull and his head oblique.

His skin was pale like death as his smile widened; he waved his hand at me in slow motion like on command before he leaned backwards with his body against the rail, bending his body so far till he fell over it.