《Sixteenth encounter》

If I'd lose all my demons, I would lose all my angels

If I'd lose all my demons, I would lose all my angels . . .

***

Wang Yibo's POV

"Lu Lu?" A voice whispered in the darkness as a faint voice hummed back in response.

"Yes, A-Bp?" Someone gave a soft squeeze in my hand, holding it with warmth and care.

"I am afraid," I said, the words tumbling from my lips like they were placed on my lips to be said; I didn't even know what I was going to say next, so I waited.

"For what, Bo Bo?" The voice came from a girl; her voice was like music to my ear, soft and pleasant, featherlight.

"It's too dark, Lu Lu, aren't you afraid?" She chuckled lightly.

"But A-Bo, I am too fond of the night sky to be afraid; after all, only in the dark, the stars can shine; without darkness, how would stars shine high?" I felt my body shrug as she cuddled closer to me, her warmth against mine, comfortable.

"Lu Lu?" She hummed sleepily.

I kept quiet, and in the end, we both fell asleep.

But suddenly, the scenery changed.

I was standing on a playground, and when I looked around, I saw three kids, their back facing me.

My eyes caught one of the kids faces when he turned around; it was the younger version of me.

My legs started walking towards the kids, but it was like they didn't see me, as if I was a ghost.

One kid was me, the other was Zhoucheng, and there was this other young girl, looking a year or two older than us, who had an angelic smile as she talked though I did not hear what she said.

She held up an ok sign to the younger Zhoucheng and me, causing me to frown as I looked around on the playground; there was no one else except the four of us, yet something felt wrong.

Then it hit in, the letter of my mom, the playground, the younger version of Zhoucheng, me and . . . Xuan Lu?

I turned around in my ashes when I realized I had lost Xuan Lu from my eyes; looking around, she was nowhere to get seen, but Zhoucheng and I were still playing on the swing set, careless of what was happening.

Before I understood what happened, I was running, my legs carrying me over the grass as I walked towards the most nearby building on my instinct, calling out for Xuan Lu.

But of course, she couldn't hear me, neither could anyone see me, as the people I passed just went through me like I was air.

"Xuan Lu!" I screamed, but not heard as my heartbeat like a madman when I turned around it was as if the world was spinning under my feet, she was nowhere to be fou-