《Twenty-first encounter》

To heal a wound, you need to stop touching it

To heal a wound, you need to stop touching it . . .

***

Xiao Zhan's POV

People say it's quiet before the storm, but is it the same after the storm?

I don't remember who I am nor where I am; I feel like an empty shell with no memory nor remembrances, or indications about who I am, just a wandering lost soul on a small planet.

Looking around me, I blinked a few times, adjusting my eyesight to the bright light dawning upon me from the sky, but when I looked up to the sky, I saw nothing but large branches of trees overlapping each other with no light shining through them.

Where did that vibrant light come from? I scratched my head, taking a deep breath as I fluttered one more time with my eyelashes.

One thing I knew was that I was standing in the middle of a forest, I don't remember how I ended up here, but neither do I remember who I am, so did it matter?

Sighing deeply, I got my feet to move on the ground, walking, the bright light remained without a source, the place got just filled with quietness and trees, nothing more, just that.

The deeper I wandered off, the heavier the atmosphere turned, and at the end of my eyesight, I saw something that seemed like a small wooden cabin.

I felt like I had an out of body experience, not for the first time though, my feet moved, my body followed, I watched from afar like a ghost, I knew what was happening, but had no hold of my own body like I was a puppet.

When I reached the cabin, I turned around to look back, only then noticing how dark the forest had become; the once so bright light had dimmed down to a creepy air climate.

My hand moved on its own, forwards, slowly knocking once, twice, thrice on the door before taking a step backwards.

Suddenly I got control over my body back again, but I couldn't leave-

No, I could, but I didn't want to, the forest became too grim, and something told me in my guts that I would be safe inside there, so once again, I was about to knock.

But before I got the chance to knock again, the door slowly creaked open; I glanced inside with one eye; the house looked old fashioned was the first thing that caught my eyes.

There was no exact thing I could point out that made the house look that way, but it was just the vibe, something I couldn't explain, yet it was on the tip of my tongue, and as I almost had it, someone spoke up.

"Wuxian."

I turned my head to the familiar voice calling out a just familiar name that made my heart skip a beat, and my breath kept stuck; I felt tingles all over my body like fire was burning inside my veins at hearing the silky voice calling out that name.