part 5: a friendly converse with blue pearl

Keep yourself steady.

focus on your target.

Channel your emotions and energy...

Don't let anything outside distract you from your goal...

Focus...

And.... NOW!

With a feral growl, you launched yourself forward, running with all the strength your 6 limbs can gather, bowing your head, so your horns would stick in front of you, ready to strike.

Speaking of which, your horns were not only much longer and sharper than they used to be, but thanks to the hard-core training you've endured overtime, you've learned that when attacking, they work better if the points faced forward, so it could hurt your opponent more, like the the scarlet striped soldier that stood before you.

However, while you managed to make her skid back a few feet and maybe knock a little wind out of her judging by the grunt she produced, she still managed to stay on her feet, gripping your horns in her strong hands, preventing them from impaling her stomach. "Come on, runt!" She sneered, sounding impatient. "You'll never take down your enemies down if you just-"

Before she could finish her jeer, you suddenly reared onto your back legs, lifting her a few feet off the ground, feeling a blaze of triumph at the startled yelp she made, and with a flick of your head, slammed her into the ground with the force of a meteorite. To finish your move, you slammed all four arms into her, the forearms onto her arms, and midarms into her belly, effectively pinning her to the ground. you felt a stab of satisfaction at hearing a pained grunt sound from jasper as she struggled to register what had happened. After a minute, after coughing away the dust that had gathered, she started laughing. "Haha! Not bad." Jasper smirked, as you got off of her, huffing out a puff of steam. she sat up, rubbing her arms with a satisfied smirk. "Didn't actually think you'd learn from last take and come up with a surprise attack like that."

Probably because you undermine me every chance you get. You sneered bitterly in the back of your mind, but simply responded with a silent nod with a grunt, shaking the dust out of your pelt. You knew better than to say anything, especially when it has snark in it. Last thing you need at the moment is to ruin her rarely seen good mood at the moment.

Your muzzle was still sore from the last time you let something slip.

"And you didn't hold back this time! Not bad, not bad at all." She snickered to herself, rising to her feet and dusting herself off. "Pretty good session today, corruptee." She roughly slaps you in the side of your head, which to her was a valid way of showing her approval. "Next time, though, I want to teach you hand to hand combat." She claps a hand to your midarm, squeezing it subtly. "Gotta put these things to better use..." she steps back, crossing her arms. "But other than that, good job." She motions to the exit with her head. "You're dismissed."

You nodded again, and make your way to the exit, feeling a small smile creep up your muzzle at the sight of blue pearl's small frame standing near the exit. As welcoming the sight is however, it is also slightly, if not completely odd.

As you've learned overtime, a pearl must serve her superior, more or less, her diamond's every whim, and that includes remaining at her side 24/7. So seeing her away from blue diamond's side was a tad off-putting. Nevertheless, you smiled and once you were close enough, she runs her hand over your muzzle. "Our diamond wishes to see you." She smiles placidly, attaching your blue leash to your harness and sets a hand on your shoulder. "Come along." And with a soft pull, she guides you out of the training grounds.

Walking down the homeworld halls have been getting easier and easier as time passed. While you still garnered a few questioning glances from most of homeworld's residents, you knew that some of them were starting to have a bit of trust in you. Some of them even nod to you in greeting or acknowledgement. Luckily, the halls weren't too busy in blue diamond's sector. And once she was sure she was in the clear, blue pearl walked closer to you, lifting a hand to pet your cheek tenderly. "You did really great today." Her voice was notably cheerful, her cheeks darkening ever so slightly.

"That slamming move was impeccable. It takes a lot to knock a jasper like that off her feet." You felt a blaze of triumph ignite in your chest, and you lift your head proudly. "Jasper teaches well." You admitted. "...even if she isn't nice about it." Blue pearl frowned slightly. "Is she still calling you a 'runt'?" She asked, to which you nodded with a shrug. "And 'corruptee' sometimes." You sounded nonchalant, but in the back of your mind, you wished jasper would see you as a gem equal other than a corruption. "I am sorry to hear that." Blue pearl says, rubbing your shoulder in a gentle, soothing manner. "Jasper has always been very harsh to those who don't seem equal to her standards. But I think it's just because she herself was made on earth... and not many gem from earth are... welcomed, per say." You wrinkled your muzzle slightly in distaste. "Oh stars, haven't noticed that. Thank you, Pearl." She giggles lightly, to which you smiled. As far as you knew, she was the only one who got your sarcasm and didn't take your snark as an insult. "You're quite welcome, my (gem)." The two of you giggled amongst each other for a bit more, before dying down a bit, letting a peaceful moment of silence come between you two. In this time, however you couldn't help but let your mind wander to that orange brutress.

From what blue pearl had been telling you, Jasper wasn't just made from earth, but she was made in a place called the "Beta kindergarten" that was located somewhere on earth. And from what you've gathered, it was a rushed, poorly manufactured production, resulting in many defects due to the poor conditions. You couldn't really figure out why the place existed, given that this place seemed obsessed with perfection. But, thanks to your schedule of constant training, you can't really get anything else out of it.

But, this gave you enough to know about your merciless trainer.

And despite your better judgment, this information let you see Jasper in a new light.

Crude and harsh as she may seem...

She might have more baggage than she lets on...

Especially when being brought up in a nutty place like this.

you sighed to yourself, shaking your head sadly. "Poor thing. Jasper needs a reality check." you rumbled. "She should be grateful she's likely the only perfectly formed gem to have been created that's come from that beta kindergarten." Blue pearl nods with a soft hum herself. "Indeed. Some of her Off-color beta kin weren't so lucky." She looked down sympathically. "One jasper was born with the physic of a pearl and another only reached a measly 4" height."

"Ouch." You winced. "Where are the gems now?" Blue pearl looks off the the side, eyes scanning aimlessly at the ground. "Blue diamond was merciful enough to spare them a shattering. They now manage the human zoo."

"Human zoo?" Your eye squinted incredulously. "They have a zoo here? Full of humans?"

Blue pearl looks up at you, as if she wondered why you're confused. "Why, yes. It was created for-" as she turned back, her voice paused with a soft gasp.

"Oh... we're arrived."