part 18: Missionary preparations

"Haha! Looks like we're finally gonna see your skills in action!"

Jasper guffaws proudly as she claps her hands together once. "Those puny earthlings won't even know what hit em! Let's see if you can remember everything I taught you."

You grumbled softly in response as the two pearls to strap on your new gear. Now that homeworld's grown more accustomed to you as well as your body shape, they've managed to create more suitable "uniforms" for you to wear around the palace. However, instead of them just being simple harnesses now, they were extravagantly designed tack, that varied in colors and of course brandished the diamond symbol on both your flanks. There was even and a communication button on the front of every outfit which allowed you to contact a commander or one of the diamond's pearls.

The diamonds still hadn't officially assigned you to a specific court, so you had a different set of gear for each court you'd spend the day in. And since it was yellow that assigned you, you were equipped with a hardy golden-brown armor, with a plush yellow saddle on the back and brown bridle with yellow diamond studs. You also had yellow ankle bands.

But what really set your look was the set of mechanical gloves for your forepaws, that operated similar to that of a limb-enhancer, though it possessed numerous different functions. Once they were equipped, you flexed your fingers experimentally. It was a surprisingly comfortable fit, the cool metal feeling pleasant against your calloused paws. Flicking your index finger, a spark of (color) energy crackled at your finger tip.

"Careful." You heard yellow pearl caution, clipping your saddle into place. "Don't want to hurt anyone."

You almost snorted in response, but you held back, and instead nodded once, bringing your paw back down. "Right. Sorry."

Blue pearl must have sensed your discontent, because once she was in front of you, she gave you a quick caress on your cheek, and you felt yourself relax at her soft touch. "Your first off-planet mission," Blue pearl mused to you quietly as she carefully adjusted your bridle over your bangs so the diamond symbol on the brow band would be on full display. "Isn't it exciting?"

You nodded lightly in response, a very thin smile on your muzzle. "Indeed." You replied quietly. Truthfully, you weren't exactly enthusiastic about it. You didn't get very many details about what this so-called earth mission was about, but yellow mentioned there may be remnants of something called a "crystal gem" still alive on earth. And you were tasked with aiding Jasper in taking any down. You were just glad to get off this damned planet, even for a little while.

Your eyes flicked to the orange gem brute, lifting a brow as she continued to pace back and forth, presumably hyping herself up with the way she repeatedly punched her hand into her fist and spoke nonsense to herself. You rolled your eyes with a soft exhale through your nostrils. It's not like it's a big deal. For all you knew you were probably a mere escort for some other snobbish jewel being sent there.

Yellow pearl finished clipping the ankle guards to your hind-legs and stood up, dusting her hands of. "There," she huffs, studying her and Blue pearl's handiwork. "You're all set."

Blue pearl offers a sincere smile as she laced her hands in front of her like she usually did. "Looking good, (gem)." She complimented quietly. You smiled at her discreetly with a nod.

Upon hearing this, Jasper stopped her pacing and turned to look at you.

"Heh, perfect

"Heh, perfect."

A grim smile crossed her face as she walks over to you, circling you briefly as she chuckled to herself while you just stood silently. Once finished with her inspection, she pats the side of your face, that sinister smile never leaving her lips. "Hohoh, I can't wait to see the look on Rose's face when she sees you!"

Rose... You grimaced at the mention of the rebel's name.

You didn't exactly know how to feel about Rose. From what you've heard, she apparently hated homeworld's ways as much as you did. So much so that she sparked a whole rebellion to defend earth, which effectively costed Pink Diamond her life.

One small part of you couldn't help but admire her. How she was willing to challenge such a grueling empire. And by shattering one of the diamonds, she practically spat in the face of the "great" diamond authority.

But most of you had also come to resent her deeply; even if most details were muddled to you, it was quite clear that she was pretty much responsible for your entire situation.

Your abduction, your servitude to this twisted empire, your loss of identity. In a way, she was tied to everything that had happened to you.

Truthfully, you didn't know where you'd be if it weren't for her actions, but it would likely be more favorable than the position you're in now.

So without a doubt, you wanted nothing more than to avenge what you've become and what been through because of her actions. She'd better be ready to face her consequences...

You were snapped out of your thoughts by the sound of something clipping to your bridle followed by a brief tug. You were forced to look at Jasper, who now had a stern look on her face. "Now... what's the three things I taught you?"

"Channel your anger."

"And?"

"Don't hold back."

"And?"

"Show no mercy."

The sinister smile returned and she ruffled your bangs. "Good. Now c'mon, (gem). Let's get you loaded onto the ship." Jasper smirked. "We had a nice new stall made for you."

You grumbled inwardly. Goodie goodie. Even if it did sound nice on paper, you still weren't particularly pleased as being seen as a pack animal to these homeworld dwellers. Nevertheless, you gave a single nod of acknowledge.

Sooner we can get to earth the better.