The Partner is Santa-San

Sweet baked sweet potatoes~ Potatoes~

The jingle of a Baked Sweet potato food truck sings at the nearby playground.

"Here you go." A sweet old-man hands Shinichi the steaming sweet potato.

The old man walks back to his truck and waits for more customers.

Shinichi lowers the wrapper around the sweet potato for an easier bite, "Geez, you think crying can solve everything, huh?" He complains, "It's hot, so you need to blow on it before you eat it." Shinichi blows at the sweet potato so it wouldn't be too hot to bite

From the distance, a girl calls out to Shinichi using his identity name, "Conan!" Turning his head he sees Y/n jogging towards him, "sorry I took a while. The line was a bit longer than expected." Y/n explains holding a [warm/hot beverage].

"It's fine." Remembering why he bought the sweet potato Shinichi turns around with a smile

"Here, have a bite." Noticing something or someone is missing, Shinichi is left stunned.

Y/n turns her head a little and, noticing why Shinichi is stunned, asks in a concerned tone, "Conan...where is Santa-san?"

Panic.

Y/n and Shinichi run around the playground asking the strangers there if they have seen the kid they were just with.

Having no leads, the two decide to run around and yell the child's name and find them as fast they could.

"Santa-san Where are you!"

"Santa-san!"

Crawling in a nearby bush, the missing child giggles and continues to crawl until they get to the side of the playground's bar and at the ledge.

Santa continues to walk, their eyes stuck to a person walking in the streets and not realizing the danger they are in.

Slipping, Santa holds onto the edge for dear life. Though the height may not be high compared to others, it was still dangerous to a child of 2.

Running out the gates of the playground Y/n and Shinichi continue to call out.

"Santa-san!" They yell.

Y/n turns her head to the left and hears eyes widen in worry.

"Shinichi, over there!" She pointed to Santa holding at the edge.

Y/n runs towards Santa by the streets and Shinichi by the edge, this is just in case Y/n gets to Santa first and has to catch him.

Fortunately, Shinichi was able to catch them by the arm just as Santa let go.

Y/n sighs in relief and lowers her arm when trying to catch Santa.

Still hanging by his arm, Santa points to a direction saying repeatedly, "There! There! There!"

Both Y/n and Shinichi turn towards the direction but as they did a truck drives in before they could see the man Santa was following and the reason he got lost and almost hurt.

Y/n sighs tiredly and turns her gaze back to Santa, with a strict tone she scolds the small child, "This isn't good, Santa! You can't just do whatever you want."

Shinichi has already raised Santa and is holding the child by the chest for an easier hold and balance.

Santa continues to point, not caring or understanding that they are being scolded, "There! There!"

Shinichi arranged his hold on Santa so the child was facing him, "What? You want to look at the cars?"

Santa, getting frustrated that they weren't understanding them, pushes Shinichi's face away not caring that they were just crawling in the dirt a while ago which causes Shinichi's face to be smudge.