Mouri Y/n

The room was silent. The air thick that a person can cut right through it. Y/n sits at the office while her father sits from across. Ran left to prepare some tea. Leaving the two alone.

Y/n twiddles her thumb whilst Mouri sips his beer. Naturally, they didn't know how to start a conversation. Rather obvious as they haven't seen each other for 10 years.

Y/n remembers the day before she finally decided to come.

At Agasa's house.

Y/n at her child form, peeked from her room, and see Haibara on her computer.

Taking a deep breath, Y/n approaches her. "Ne, Haibara..."

Without a thought, Haibara answers her bluntly, "No."

"Why!" Y/n whined, "I haven't even said anything yet!"

"You're going to ask for another APTX are you?" Haibara raised a brow.

Y/n pouts but doesn't disagree. "I just need to go and talk to Ran and Dad."

Haibara sighs, "You've already taken it not too long ago. It would be best not to take it so consistently."

"That was a month ago!" Y/n retorts.

"Didn't your other friend, that girl Aoko, made a request and handed you a script?" Haibara reminds.

Y/n flinches. "W-Well...that wouldn't be for another month anyway..." She mutters. "Please, Haibara!" She begs, clasping her hand together.

Annoyed, Haibara reluctantly agreed.

Ran returns with some tea and snacks. The two thanked her.

Not wanting her visit to go to waste, Y/n asks, "So, how have you guys been?"

Ran sits next to Mouri. "Well, we try to go on with our lives. And, at the same time, find clues about you."

"Right..." Y/n's voice trails off, sipping her tea.

Mouri turns to Ran. "Have you told your mother? What did she say?" At that, Y/n looks up.

"She said she'll join us shortly. I heard how rushed she was on the phone." Ran chuckled.

Mouri lets out a small chuckle himself, "She has been working as hard with the searched."

Not understanding what they were saying, Y/n quickly asked, "Wait? What's this about Mom?"

"Oh. I hope you don't mind, we called Mom to join us." Ran explained.

Y/n shakes her head slowly, "I don't mind. I guess I'm just surprised."

"Don't be. After you're disappearance, she has not stopped your search as well. Not long after that actually, did we split up." Mouri said.

Y/n looks down nervously.

That feeling was amplified when the door burst open. Hearing the pants of a woman.

Eri, who was busy doing paperwork, dropped everything off when her daughter, Ran, suddenly called and informed her other daughter, Y/n, returned and is at their house right now.

The daughter she had lost.

With her heart drumming against her chest, she gets in her car and rushes to Mouri's house.

Reaching her old home, she burst the door open, startling everyone in there. She sees Ran and Mouri sitting on the couch and across from them, a familiar but also unfamiliar young woman sitting.