The Stranger from 10 Years Later

"Achieeee!!" A boy sneezed from his room. He takes some tissues from the side of his futon and blows on it to clear his nose.

"Are you all right, Conan-kun?" Ran asked worriedly kneeling beside his futon.

"I'm fine..." Shinichi answered weakly, his voice a little sore, "The temperature from my fever isn't very high, anyway...If I sleep for the whole of today, I'll recover."

Ran smiles a little, "Well, I'll call the school about it. And..."

"Ran!" Ran gets cut off from Sonoko calling out to her from Shinichi's shared room.

"If we don't hurry up, we're gonna be late." Sonoko said.

"Coming!" Ran calls back.

She turns back to Shinichi, "I already talked to Dad about getting lunch. Just keep warm and sleep well, all right?"

"Got it. See you..." Shinichi waves weakly.

Ran smiles, "I'm off then."

Standing up, Ran leaves the room and heads out to where Sonoko has been waiting.

Hearing the door close, Sonoko looks at Ran.

"Sorry for the wait." Ran apologized.

Sonoko,"The little guy came down with a cold, huh?"

Ran agrees, "That's it. He said he was all right, but still..."

Shinichi blows at another tissue. He groggily stands up and heads out to another room.

"Have you heard from Shinichi-kun lately?" Shinichi hears Sonoko ask.

"Nope." Ran shakes her head, "Why?"

"You're really hopeless...How about dumping that heartless fellow...And jumping into the arms of another guy?" Sonoko suggested, annoyed that her childhood friend still likes the guy that suddenly up and left.

Ran, " "Jump" into?"

Ran then looks down with a solemn expression. "Maybe..." She mutters to herself.

"Wait! You're actually considering it?!" Sonoko freaks out.

They are now outside walking at the side of the road, but still hearable to a certain detective eavesdropping from above. Ran quickly looks back at her, "Well...it's just...I remember that's the reason Y/n left..."

Sonoko looks at her friend sadly, "Right...After so long, you finally saw her again, but she..." Sonoko trails off.

She can remember a few things about Y/n from her childhood. Y/n was really close with Shinichi and with Ran separately. But a few things happened and...she left.

"But, didn't you say she was with someone?" Sonoko asked.

Shinichi glared from the window.

Ran laughed dryly, "Yes, but Y/n was also with a girl friend, remember?"

"Yeah, but it's been so long. She might like that guy you saw her with." Sonoko said.

Sonoko was saying this as a way to comfort Ran of not having to give up on her feelings for the detective, since it was only fair for her to like him as well and it's really up to Shinichi's choice of who he wants to be with.

But, if this a way to at least have Ran stop Pinning to a jerk who leaves without a good-bye maybe a few push here and there won't hurt.

And so, she changes the subject to Ran, maybe "jump into" Araide-sensei.