2 | Where's Draco?

Consciousness slowly came into him before he opened his eyes. Scorpius remembered all the fiasco that had happened back in Headmistress McGonagall's office and panicked. He recalled the weird magic the broken Time-Turner emitted and clearly remembered how the Headmistress and Albus' faces were fading before his eyes.

'Did it work?' he asked himself, eyes still tightly closed in alarm.

His nose twitched, trying to smell anything recognisable. He was unable to smell the telltale sterile scent of the Hospital Wing, so Scorpius deduced he might not be there at all. He was unable to smell the chamomile flowers displayed on his bedside table in the Slytherin dormitories; his mother, always a big fan of flowers and their symbols, thought the chamomile flower would best suit his hard life as a Malfoy. "Energy in adversity, my love," she had written to him one time. Ever since then, Astoria reverently sent him chamomile flowers.

Confused, he took a small sniff once more and wasn't able to recognise the smell. His nose was invaded with earthy, deep cedar mingled with an expensive scent that smelled eerily like his father. 'Open your eyes, you dolt,' a voice inside his mind said, sounding suspiciously like Albus.

Scorpius then cautiously opened his eyes and was relieved to find he was alone. As he sat up, his eyes slowly took in the unfamiliar room he was in. The first thing he noticed was the soft bed underneath him, draped with the blackest silk he had ever seen. His hand practically melted every time he stroked the soft and rich blanket.

He was in some kind of a bedroom. There was a tall bookcase to his right, brimming with books he didn't bother to investigate. There was a handsome mahogany desk pushed up against the wall underneath a huge window. Outside, sunlight poured in and bathed the room with light. A door, most likely leading to a bathroom, was placed just to the left of his bed and opposite it was a huge wardrobe that rivalled his very own in his bedroom back home.

Scorpius' eyes finally landed on the double, oak doors of the room and recognised the Malfoy family crest. 'So, I'm in the Malfoy Manor?' he asked himself, confused, as he slowly slipped down from the bed and strode closer to the door.

Upon closer inspection, the crest was unmistakable. He then noticed the engraved letters 'S' and 'M' underneath it. As Scorpius mindlessly traced his fingers on the initials of his name, he looked around the room once more, wondering how in Merlin's hell did this bedroom become his.

It was too cold, dreary and plain whereas Scorpius' room back home was plastered with numerous posters of his favourite band and Quidditch team. He did have the mahogany desk, but it was littered with a lot of picture frames of his family, his Quidditch team, his housemates, and Albus. He also usually requested green comforters as adornment for his bed; black was specifically his father's signature colour, not his.

His throat clotted with nerves. So perhaps, he was able to successfully go back in time. He seemed like he was in the Malfoy Manor after all. Scorpius decided that to actually know, he should venture outside and explore.

Scorpius peeked his head outside his room and looked around. There was no one around as he fully pushed the door open and stepped outside. He instantly recognised he was in the West Wing of the Malfoy Manor, where his bedroom was. He glanced around, confused that his bedroom was right where it was supposed to be, and wondered when did Astoria agree to start rearranging his things inside. His mother knew he'd go ballistic if she'd order to depersonalise his bedroom without his consent.

As he aimlessly walked around, eyes roving all over the humongous house, Scorpius was finally convinced he was in the Malfoy Manor. It was somehow drearier and darker as opposed to the cheery and bright Manor his mother worked hard to maintain. A part of him thought that perhaps, he had been successful in returning back after all. Now, the next thing he should do was to find his father and get the hell away from here.