22 | Gringotts

Scorpius perfectly landed on the carpeted floor of Malfoy Manor, soot free for the very first time. He envied his father, who always travelled by floo impeccably. Sometimes, he honestly thought if he was adopted – but then again, he looked exactly like his father, so that was a stupid thought.

'Alright, Felix Felicis is already at work,' he thought to himself. Ditzy, his personal house-elf, excitedly appeared to greet him.

"Young Master Scorpius!" he squeaked. If decorum didn't restrain him, Scorpius was sure his house-elf would have barrelled towards him and gave him a hug. Feeling particularly dandy, Scorpius did just that and scooped Ditzy into his arms. The house-elf softly shrieked in surprise until the Malfoy let go of him.

"Hello Ditzy," he said with a wide grin. "Long time no see."

"Err, yes, Young Master Scorpius," Ditzy said with a reverent bow. "It's been a long time." He then gestured out of the foyer. "Mistress Malfoy and Mistress Bellatrix Lestrange are waiting in the East Wing Gardens, Young Master Scorpius."

He nodded his thanks and trailed behind the house-elf. Scorpius took that time to survey the state of the Malfoy Manor. As the current lair of the Dark Lord, he was honestly expecting that residual dark magic would be thick and suffocating. He was also expecting some random blood streaks and lifeless bodies scattered about. But to his surprise, the manor was spotless; it looked exactly the same the last time he was here.

"Is the Dark Lord here?" he whispered lowly, lest the snakey bastard was actually here and listening.

"The Dark Lord is away, Young Master Scorpius," Ditzy replied. "Only Mistress Malfoy and Mistress Lestrange are present in the Malfoy Manor."

Scorpius lifted an eyebrow and couldn't believe his luck. One thing he'd been nervous about this whole ordeal was confronting Voldemort in the Malfoy Manor. "Thank you, Felix Felicis," he murmured under his breath, the smile on his face stretching far and wide.

"Young Master Scorpius?" Ditzy asked, craning his neck to look up at his master.

"Nothing, Ditzy. Just keep leading the way."

They soon arrived in the East Wing Gardens and Scorpius sighed in disappointment. Bushes of roses of different colours greeted his eyes; he terribly missed Astoria's wonderful assortment of flowers.

"Scorpius," Narcissa greeted, standing up from her seat and greeting her son with a gentle hug. "It's good to see you."

"You too, Mother," he said, patting her back. "I see you've been well."

It was the truth, much to his relief. He gave her a quick once-over and found her to be bruise-free. Unless of course, his Nana was good with glamour charms. Still, she looked well and that was all that mattered.

"Ah, Scorpius, it's been a while."

Despite the giddiness the liquid luck gave him, Scorpius still couldn't help but shiver at the sound of Bellatrix Lestrange's voice. Narcissa let go of him but stood in front, seemingly shielding him from her sister. 

"Aunt Bella," he greeted with a nod. He watched as his crazy great-aunt stalked slowly, her black, beady eyes never leaving his form.

Scorpius merely remembered her through the portraits in Malfoy Manor. Back then, her younger version was well-dressed and prim; she actually exuded the famous beauty of a Black. She could even rival Narcissa's youthful beauty. But history books showed a different side of Bellatrix Lestrange. He remembered the maniacal glint in her beady eyes, the wildness of her raven hair, and how the media always painted her as the die-hard Dark Lord fan.