||Chapter 31|| (pt.1)

Warnings: mentions of alcohol, slight mention of being intoxicated, suggestive

"She's out for blood, do you really want to do this?"

Seonghwa wasn't surprised when he heard Deimos talk about his mother's real intentions, although he was rather shocked to know that she was finally acting on her lust for revenge. What happened to Adonis was a tragedy of the most heart-wrenching: still, that didn't justify her desire to ruin his life, not in the slightest.

"I need to, Deimos. With all the things that happened in these few weeks, I want to make sure she is alright. Bring a bit of normality back in her life, before I..."

"Before something else happens?"

He had to thank his brother's arrogance for once. Ever since she had been marked, he had been thinking of a way to effectively protect Carys from his mother: leaving her on Earth wasn't an option, especially because he couldn't be there to protect her, and neither could the others.

But there was a place she could've stayed, neutral ground where she would've finally been safe from everything, although he didn't have the heart to reveal this to anyone, not even Carys: he couldn't ask such a sacrifice from her.

"Yes. You should be happy for me... I'm finally going on a date, a real date! Fancy restaurant, candle-lit dinner..."

"Look who finally put on his big boy pants"

Phobos' voice made him drop the smile he was holding so proudly.

"Whatever, you two are just jealous" he dismissed them "Now get out, I have to get ready for my lady... because, you know, at least I have one"

"You've lost your mind"

He ignored the last comment, said in unison by his brothers, and waited for them to get out of his island.

He checked himself in the mirror, then smirked to himself as he fumbled with the car keys; a car that was waiting for him on dry land.

One night of normality. One night of them just being a couple, doing things that he had seen countless couples do. A night he had planned in the minimum details to make sure it would've ruined all the other dates she had been on in her life.

"We deserve it"

*********************

All had started with Seonghwa pulling up to her house and knocking at the door.

She took some time to acknowledge his gorgeousness from the window she was at; black, slicked-back hair, what seemed to be an all-black suit, ring-clad hands wrapping nervously around a bouquet.

She ran down the stairs, fetching her purse and jacket on the way, along with the little present she had gotten for him. She checked herself one last time in front of the mirror, her chest filling with pride knowing that she looked good. This time she had really taken her time getting ready, and she was more than ready to ditch him and hang out with Yeri if her boyfriend didn't show the exact reaction she wanted. Luckily for both of them, Seonghwa liked to be dramatic.

He hid behind the bouquet that was promptly pushed in her face, his ears bright red as he tried complimenting her through his stutter.

"Hi Carys..., you look...really good" he managed to say "Gorgeous, I meant gorgeous!"

She would've laughed in his face after taking the bouquet in her hands if her own heart wasn't beating that fast at the sight of him.

"Thank you, Seonghwa," she said "Please, come in"