||Chapter 38||

"Now I get why you say you need a shower every time you come home from work"

Seonghwa's observation only made her feel the burn in her legs from standing for almost six hours straight. The relief she felt from tossing her shoes off her feet and finally getting to feel the cold floor was incomparable.

"Yeah... I'm gonna go, you wait here"

"That's too bad, I kind of wanted to join again...ok, ok!" He exclaimed once she gave him a dirty look "I'll wait in your room"

Once she got into her bathroom and under the running water, she finally had some time alone with her own thoughts. She thought about what Seonghwa said earlier about what she had witnessed him do: she wasn't supposed to see him, he had made it very clear. Still, she did, and she had no idea why.

Judging by the way everyone around her went on about their day normally, she doubted they could see him too. Her mind went back to the day that Seonghwa revealed his true nature to her; she saw the arrow he had stung himself with, even if she wasn't supposed to. Still, it's not like she could see any of the other arrows he brought with him: the quiver always looked empty to her even when he shot the boy before, all she could see was a very faint, silver outline of what she only assumed was an arrow.

As she rinsed off the soap from her body, she was rerunning the scene in her head more times than she could count, trying to find a connection to what happened and a possible reason why.

She sighed in frustration as she turned off the water and dried herself off, putting on a pair of sweatpants and a t-shirt.

Seonghwa was waiting on her bed as he promised, going through the pages of what she recognized was The fable of Amor and Psyche.

"I noticed it when you locked me and Yeosang up here," he said, "Do you ever read it?"

"Yes, from time to time" she confessed "I mostly just stare at your inscription though"

He chuckled, making some space for her to sit crisscross on the mattress.

"Is this all true? The fable, I mean" she asked, only to be met by a bitter laugh from Seonghwa.

"No" he replied "Though this Apuleius must've been a prophet, given the recent events"

A moment of silence passed, then Carys finally took her place next to him on the bed.

"So, about what happened today...I have a few hypotheses" she declared.

"I'm all ears"

"Ok so... remember the first time you confessed? And when you showed me your true self?"

He nodded, urging her to carry on.

"Maybe I've been able to always see you since then. If you think about it, I couldn't see you when you first saw me, or while you hung out the library when we weren't dating yet, waiting for the right moment to come in..."
"How did you know?!" he exclaimed in disbelief.

"Well...I know now" she answered, a cheeky grin growing on her face.

That was the first time she saw him blush, all the way from his cheeks to the tip of his ears. It took all her might not to squish his cheeks, which were eventually covered by his hands.

"Not fair! You're using my moves against me!"

"Shush, I wasn't done yet! So, what if since you showed me your true form, I've just been able to see you everywhere? I still can't see the arrows except yours, but..."