||Chapter 17||

Warning: woosan. Just woosan 

Life in the underworld was something San was not totally used to, even if it was basically his home by now. That was the main reason he requested to have his own quarters to live in, a place where he could still fool himself into thinking he was still a mortal living in the mortal world, doing mortal things. As delusional as it sounded, Wooyoung seemed to support him in his choice and had a brand-new area built in just for him, one that was close to his own quarters but still far enough from everything else outside of the castle.

 That's where he was at that moment, barely awake in his bed as the candles that lit his room lit up by themselves: at least in his room, it was daytime.

"Good morning" a voice called from behind him, and he knew exactly who it belonged too. He rolled around, the soft bedsheets following him as he was now facing Wooyoung, who was standing up beside his bed with a breakfast tray in his hands. He was wearing a simple sweater and jeans, much different from his usual "king of the underworld" kind of attire.

"To what do I owe the honor?" he jokingly asked, sitting up and stretching his shoulders out.

"Felt like it. Plus, I haven't been here in a while" he said, "Most of the mornings we wake up in my bed" he added bashfully, a tint of red painting his cheeks. San liked seeing him like this: that was the side of him he had grown to love, instead of the cold façade he had to put in front of everyone else.

"I was going to come over last night, but you were so busy...plus, I had so much to think about"

San took the tray out of Wooyoung's hands and placed it in his lap, then started eating. It wasn't like he needed to eat, but he liked the taste of food and the feeling of it going down in his throat.

"I bet you did, after what happened yesterday...how about you finish eating then tell me about it?"

"Sounds excellent" San replied, taking a sip of water "I didn't think you'd be that invested in this whole situation"

"As much as the other gods like to think I'm heartless, I'm not. Also, as you said, Seonghwa's done so much for us in the past and it's only right we repay him"

Wooyoung leaned in to kiss his temple while an arm circled his shoulders. San kept eating, quietly enjoying the closeness: his lover had been so busy fulfilling his duty as the king of the Underworld he had barely seen him in the last couple of days, let alone had him all for himself like that. It was nice to feel his touch again, as he also helped himself with some fruit from the breakfast tray.

As soon as he finished eating, he scooted over so that there was some space for Wooyoung to lay down too, and he was met with a questioning look from the god.

"Let's stay for a while, it's still early...and I missed you" he said, observing how his lover was now smiling and lifting the sheets to lay beside him.

"I missed you too, love" the god whispered, opening his arms as a silent invitation for San to basically climb on top of him and squish him with his weight, his face now hidden in the crook of his neck.

They didn't say a word for a long time, both busy relishing in the intimacy they hadn't experienced in a while. Feeling the warmth of Wooyoung's body under his own was something he would never be tired of, he loved it just as hearing his heartbeat through his chest: it echoed in his ears, filling them with a melody that he wished so much to reciprocate, but knew it wasn't possible.

"What are you thinking about?"

San looked up at him, a smile spreading on his face.

"I like listening to your heartbeat," he said "Kinda wish I didn't hate my own so much back then"