||Chapter 33||

A.N: The images are respectively how I imagined Nyx's and Zeus's palaces to look like, just to give an idea of the setting. That being said, enjoy this new chapter!

***********************

"I hope you're satisfied"

Hongjoong was striding towards the exit, not even listening to his brother Momus who was waiting just behind the entrance of the dungeon.

"I got what I wanted" he replied sternly, wanting nothing more than go back to his own house and rest.

He knew better than to let Eris get to his head but still, he kept thinking about the only answer he didn't like. It was all you.

Was it?

"Whatever. My advice? Forget about it. We both know what happens once you mess with the high quarters..."

"I didn't ask for your advice, and what's he going to do? Ban me again?"

"I'm just saying you're too pretty to become an afternoon snack for vultures!"

At that moment he swore that if it wasn't for Philotes' presence holding him back he would've already begun beating Momus up.

"Momus, I think you should head back on earth to do...whatever you do when you're not here" she suggested.

"Rude. But you're right, I do have a stand-up comedy event to attend", he said "... you guys would know if you had a sense of humor!" he shouted as the heavy gates that separated the dungeons from the rest of Nyx's home opened.

Once they were back inside the palace, the first thing Hongjoong and Philotes did was head to their mother's quarters to report on the prisoner's conditions.

Nyx listened carefully to what Philotes had reported: at the very least they had confirmation that she wasn't dying in there. No, that was never Nyx's intention: her daughter needed to be disciplined, and they knew all too well that keeping her like that was the only way she knew how to learn.

"Now, Hypnos. Do you have anything to add?"

He felt their eyes on him and his throat went dry: he knew they were studying his every single reaction, even more so after what he had gone through.

"I asked her where she kept the second arrow she stole" he started, then cleared his voice, "She said it was taken from her"

"Yes. I took it" Nyx replied.

"May I see it?"

"What for?"

Hongjoong clutched his necklace, then answered his mother's question.

"Eris said she took it to study it, so maybe she has found a way to corrupt it. And if she did, then that's a danger for Eros and everyone on Earth and Olympus"

The room fell silent for a moment.

"He's right" Philotes spoke "No one has ever been able to get a hold of his arrows because he keeps them locked away, but now that Eris did..."

"He needs to be informed straight away" Nyx concluded "I'll have the arrow delivered to him personally tomorrow morning"

"In reality, I was hoping I could give it a look first" he tried, only to be immediately interrupted by his mother.