||Chapter 24||

Seonghwa loved Carys, he really did.

But ever since she had started growing closer and closer to Hongjoong, he felt like he was being left behind. He didn't care if the mark was playing the most important role in that...relationship? Friendship? What could he even call that? Whatever it was, it angered him greatly. The aftermath of his anger was visible in the way he had rearranged his bedroom: the main concept he followed was "I am angry, and I want to break stuff".

So now feathers were flying everywhere and almost every piece of furniture that could've been broken had been, eventually, broken. He laid on the floor, arms beneath his head, and tears of frustration spilling from his eyes.

"I feel like I already have the answer to this question but...are you alright?"

Yeosang's hollowed voice slowly brought him back to reality: he seemed to wait just outside his window, his winged sandals keeping him afloat above the shards of glass shattered under his feet.

"Go away"

The moment he turned around to face him, he was met with quite the peculiar sight: a tiny teddy bear was secured to his belt.

"You did pay a visit to that store after all..."

"Don't try to change the subject. You know that you will have to speak to him sooner or later, right?"

He huffed, carefully getting up and proceeding to kick away some pieces of wood that were obstructing his way to the (miraculously still intact) bed. He buried his head under the pillows and groaned out of frustration, tears still threatening to come out.

"He's in love with her"

"In like a figure of speech type of way or...?"
"He's in love with her!" he shouted, throwing all the pillows away; one of them successfully reached Yeosang's stomach: he didn't bother picking it up, too absorbed in trying to process what Seonghwa had just revealed to him. After a while, he spoke again with a softer voice.

"Still, you have to talk to him. Do you think he's not feeling guilty after all that has happened?"

"Carys said the same thing. If I were him, I couldn't stand being pitied like that"

"Do you think I'm not pitying you right now? Look around, you're miserable!"

"And I have every right to be!"

Although Seonghwa couldn't see him, he could feel him sigh from beside him before he felt his weight on the bed. He turned around: he was sitting near him, holding the pillow that had been wrongfully thrown in his face moments before.

"I know, but are you just going to be grumpy and miserable until he lifts the mark?"

Seonghwa didn't need to answer that question. Deep down he knew that he was being childish, but he couldn't help it: the mere thought of their bond getting stronger was enough to make him want to scream into his pillow.

"I suppose I should talk to him" he admitted in the end, rising from the bed and stretching his wings.

"Then go as soon as you can. I'll announce your arrival to him, while you sort things out in here" the god answered, pointing to the broken pieces of furniture in the room.

He then disappeared from the room, leaving Seonghwa in the aftermath of his own rage.

***********************