||Chapter 43||

WARNING: THIS CHAPTER CONTAINS SMUT. DO NOT READ IF UNCOMFORTABLE. 

"Hey, can I do your makeup?"

That was the last thing she expected to hear from Seonghwa that night, while she was getting ready to go to the party. She was in front of the mirror in her room, already dressed and styling her hair when he popped up from behind her with her makeup bag in hand.

"Well... sure, I guess?"

Seonghwa looked at her with a pout because of the hesitation in her voice. Truth was, she didn't like having her face touched, apart from those affectionate gestures he reserved just for her. Those she didn't mind: but ever since the one experience with a makeup artist for a wedding she attended left her scarred, she downright refused to get her makeup done by anyone.

"You don't seem too happy about it"

"It's just... I like doing my makeup, but if you want to give it a go sure, why not?"

Seonghwa waited patiently for her to be done with her hair. In the meanwhile, she watched him rummage through her makeup bag, laying out all the products he seemed to like on her bed.

"Why do you have so many lipsticks, and yet I never see you wearing them?"

"Well...lipstick wouldn't last long with you around" she admitted.

"Tsk...well, I wouldn't mind your lipstick marks on me"

This time she couldn't do anything to hide her embarrassment, the hand that was holding her hair comb trembling slightly as she carefully put it back in the drawer.

She ran a hand through her hair then pulled it back with hairclips, approaching her boyfriend on the bed.

"Okay, I'm ready. What did you have in mind?"

To her surprise, the makeup items he chose were overall pretty neutral, except for the shimmery shadows she liked to wear on special occasions: he did, however, choose the brightest red lipstick she owned, one she bought but never dared to actually wear on a night out.

She picked it up and looked at him with a puzzled look, but he was quick to take it from her, shaking his head no.

"Please? I really want to see you wear it" he pleaded.

"Ugh, fine... but-" she picked up a glitter eyeshadow, its pink hue matching his hair perfectly "Only if you wear this"

"Deal" he didn't even hesitate, holding his hand out for her to shake "Now let's get to work, wouldn't want us to be late"

***********************

"This is not at all what I expected"

The big neon sign that said Party with the gods was what caught her eyes as soon as she exited her car.

"It's not that far from the truth" Seonghwa commented, closing the car door after her as he guided her towards the entrance. The people were buzzing behind the velvet ropes, just waiting for the bouncers to let them in.

When Mingi got out to greet them and inform the bodyguards that they were with him, someone started booing: needless to say, they were kicked out of the line almost instantly.

"Asshole" Mingi's tone was icy but when he turned to them, he grinned like a child "And here's my favorite couple! Thank you for coming!"

"No, thank you for organizing this for us" Seonghwa spoke.

"Let's get you two inside, Ariadne can't wait to meet you!" Mingi's tone was elated, and his good mood was infectious.