||Chapter 19||

Seonghwa's island was heavily guarded at all times. Yunho had received clear instructions: no human should've ever landed on its shores, dead or alive. 

However, none of the creatures that guarded the island interrupted Eris from making landfall there, leaving her boat on the beach before making her way through the thick forest that surrounded his castle.

She had something really important to take, and she was going to take it no matter what.

As she approached the castle, she noticed the forest was becoming too difficult for her human semblances to trespass: the only way was to bypass the forest.                                                                      The goddess hunched forward, turning herself into an innocent white dove. Her new form granted her the ability to fly over the forest and reach the castle. The massive, pure white structure towered over the whole island, the god's apartments situated in the central tower, the highest of the whole castle. However, Seonghwa's bedroom wasn't her destination. She flew up to the place where he went to refill his quiver with arrows. All of them were stored in a laboratory in the east tower, where he spent most of the time when he wasn't working on Earth.

She managed to infiltrate in the tower, flying over the stairs to reach his laboratory. It was a large room with almost no furniture apart from the shelves, filled with shining arrows that reached up to the roof, and a working table made of wood.

Eris slowly turned herself back to her human form, her lips opening in a victorious smile as she walked through the corridors created by the shelves. Poor Seonghwa had no idea what was coming for him...

Her hands barely caressed two of the arrows. In a matter of seconds, they turned from shining silver to pitch black. The goddess smirked as she took the arrows and hid them in her black tunic. After successfully stealing two of the most powerful weapons in the world, she turned herself back into a dove and left the island, directed towards dry land.

She couldn't afford to fail again, not after she realized Aphrodite wasn't able to see her son's every move since that the magic mirror stopped working. She was also aware that many powerful gods were on Seonghwa's side, including her own brother. Aphrodite had given her the power to do whatever she wanted. And she was going to put on one hell of a show.

***********************

Once she was safely back home, in her bedroom, Carys realized it was much later than she thought: the clock on her nightstand marked a quarter past four in the morning. That meant she had approximately three hours to rest before having to get up again to go to work. She shrugged as she changed in her pajamas and removed her makeup, conflicted on whether to get some sleep or just wait up until she had to go out again. She was already reaching for her laptop, hoping to find a show on Netflix that would've kept her awake, when she heard her window being opened from the outside.

"What..."

"Shh, it's just me!"

Hongjoong's head was peaking through the window, a small smile forming on his face.

"You're literally hanging from my window! Were you spying on me?"

"I would never" he giggled "Seonghwa send me here, actually..."

"Did he?"

"He was worried you didn't get much sleep so I'm here to help"

Carys sat up on her bed, her laptop now forgotten on the ground. She patted the end of the bed, inviting Hongjoong to sit there.