||Chapter 12||

The air in the club had gotten a little too stiffy for Yeosang, who was now outside the club scanning the multitude of people still waiting to get in. 

It was the first time in a while that he had set foot on Earth, too busy with his work as a messenger to stop and relax. 
Being a messenger meant that he knew, well, everything that went down on the Olympus and the Underworld: anyone with that kind of knowledge would’ve instantly used it in their favor.

Anyone but him, of course. He didn’t feel the need to reveal that information to anyone for that mattered, and it was not because he valued the privacy of people, or because he knew better than to piss Zeus off: the sad truth was, he didn’t care.

Like, at all

To him, all the things he heard were codes he had to deliver to the addressee, words he had to recite form memory without actually caring about the meaning of those words. He didn’t judge, nor reprimand, nor pity: after all that time in the business, he had learned to be completely impartial. 

That was, of course, until he had learned what Aphrodite was about to do to Carys and Seonghwa. 
He almost couldn’t bear it when he had to notify Eris on how Aphrodite needed her to take care of a “small inconvenience”. He remembered being unusually sweaty and fidgety, and wanting nothing but to vomit at the pleased expression of the goddess in front of him. 

That was the moment when he knew, in his heart, that he couldn’t be impartial anymore. He had to step up and do something. That was also why he was on Earth that night: to support his friend and be ready to intercept any anomalies. 

He quickly glanced at the queue again, only to sense something not quite right: a girl stood out of the crowd, her platinum blonde hair only making her stand out even more. His eyes immediately went to her chest, but not because he was a pervert: the shiny necklace she was wearing had a pendant that he was all too familiar with. 

A golden apple.  

The smile that crept on her face as soon as she saw him too was enough to make him go back inside as soon as he could. He found Hongjoong sitting with Yunho and Mingi at the table in the vip area: the blue haired boy had clearly sobered up at that point (perks of being a god). 

“Joong, she’s here.”

His friend jumped out of his seat, immediately getting what he was implying. 

“We’re going to track her down while we cans still sense her presence and make sure Carys is safe. Mingi, find Seonghwa and tell him he needs to take Carys back to the table”

“But wouldn’t it be dangerous? I mean, the vip area is…”

“A built-in safe area in which only people who are explicitly invited can come in?” Mingi chuckled, tilting his head towards the enchanted velvet ropes that surrounded the area “She’ll be fine in there. I think I saw them in my office…let’s just pray I’m not interrupting anything” he said, running off to the other side of the club. 

Everyone splits up to different areas: Yunho took the entrance, Hongjoong the fire exit and Yeosang the dance floor. His senses were now responding to the goddess’ aura: it was common for gods to be able to locate their kind on Earth, mainly because they had a stronger aura than all the humans that had ever graced Earth combined. She was close, extremely close… and then...

Nothing. 

The crowd seemed to have swallowed her up whole: he couldn’t feel her presence anymore and trying to spot her between the many people in there was impossible. Yunho glanced at him in panic, then at Honjgoong, who mouthed a curse word before heading towards a less crowded side of the club where all the other gods, including Seonghwa, had gathered.