84

DESIRING

______________

During the rest of the days, while my body was healing, I received a lot of visits at home. Liv and Pauline kept taking care of me, George visited me every once in a while to make sure I was doing okay, the entire Harpies team came together to hype me up and tell me how much they had missed me and how needed I was in the team —  Khaleelah and Aileen spent a little more time with me since they were the ones I had the biggest bond with —, Remus visited every two days to bring me my medicines and to examine the scars and Fred came every single day after work to entertain me and to spend time with me. Most of the time, we were watching different films and I took my time to teach the ginger a bit of muggle culture. Luckily for me, I didn't feel pain anymore and I really wanted to be closer to him.

"Morning, mate!" Tonks burst into my room, making me get out of my daydream. She threw herself to my bed, handing me a bag that carried a couple of beers. "How's it going?"

"A bit bored but it's okay, what about you?"

"Came exactly for that, need to tell you something," she said, more serious than usual. "But, go on, have a beer — shit, hang on, you're still on meds, aren't you? Maybe I shouldn't have brought them..."

"Nah, it's fine. I only take them once a week and already had them on Monday, just—"

"Don't tell Remus," we said at the same time and then burst into giggles. She opened the beer with her keys and handed me mine, after a long sip, she sighed.

"What's going on, Dora?"

"It's exactly because of Remus that I came to talk with you," for the first time, it seemed that she couldn't find the right words. "You already know I have feelings for him and I genuinely think he feels something for me too. It's just that I keep thinking he tries to put distance between us."

I took a deep breath and processed her words. I already knew Remus was the reason Dora was trying to act — in her opinion — maturer and even though I didn't agree about her changing her personality for him, I also knew she really felt way more for him than simple friendship affection.

"You already know him, he feels he's stealing your youth by being with you and he's afraid you might think he is using you to forget Sirius."

"But I do know that his relationship with Sirius was a thing and ours is another! I know he is not using me and he isn't stealing shit, I chose to be with him! Ugh, why can't he just listen to me?"

"He's fucking stubborn and, keep in mind that even though he tries to keep living his life, he has a lot of things in his mind that consume him horribly," I gave a sip to my beer. "I won't excuse him, though, but I think this is being a hard time for all of us, don't you think?"

She nodded, being understanding.

"But listen to me, Dora, don't you dare to change the way you are because of Remus or any other person, do you hear me? If you want to change the way you look that's up to you but if you lose yourself, you lose everything, and you are too worthy for that shit."

Tonks giggled and hugged me tightly, still making sure not to hurt me.

"Thank you so much, you do know how to listen."

"Nothing to thank for, mate. And it's what comes when you help Liv to study for her Psychology exams, you end up learning a bit as well."

✵ ✵ ✵

"You will be fine?" Pauline asked me, putting on her jacket while Liv grabbed her keys.

"Yes. Besides, Fred will come in a bit," I replied, checking the clock hanging on the wall. The couple were invited to hang out for dinner with Pauline's muggle mates from her university and at first, they tried to refuse the invitation alleging having to take care of me but I convinced them to change their opinion. I didn't want my friends to miss the fun because of me, especially when I was feeling much better and I could already move on my own, freely. For Merlin's sake, if they didn't trust me to stay at home alone, how would I go back to the field next week?