Chapter24: Admirer

I open up my eyes slowly and see an unfamiliar environment around me. I immediately getting goosebumps as I recalled the time I was going to be slaughtered by those cruel beastmen.

My heart starting to beat so fast like it was going to explode any moment. I tried to control my breathing as I keep on glancing around anxiously.

I saw a fire pit not so far from where I was laying and when I spotted Qinyu sitting with his knees bended to his chin next to the fire pit, my anxiety faded. He was likely already fast asleep.

"Uhh--"

I grab on my neck as I felt a sting on it.

Eh what is this?

I open up my palm and saw a necklace with a black pendant in it.

Whose necklace is this?

I took the pendant in between my thumb and index finger and moving it towards the source of light and saw the name Zayn was engraved on it.

Is it the name of the owner?

I frown.

Why did this necklace end up inside of my palm? Did someone left it intentionally? It looks like it was truly important as the design was exquisite and the material itself was stunning enough managed to captivate my interest.

"Hmmm--"

I sat myself up and lean myself on the dark cave wall.

"Brrr--- it's cold." I shivering as my bare back skin came in contact with the cold wall.

I try to grab some of the grass and pile them up to the wall, trying to lessen the coldness of the wall.

*Shaaaa--* *Plop!*

I squinting my eyes, glancing  towards the deepest part of the cave.

There's definitely someone there.

"Are you alright? Are you feeling uncomfortable? Did you still feeling pain on your neck?"

I startle as Qinyu pats me on my shoulder asking me all sorts of questions.

I just nodding lightly as I notice by the corner of my eyes, a bundle came rolling next to me.

I grab on Qinyu arms instinctively as I pull myself towards him.

"What's that thing?" I trembling in fear as I pointed my index finger to the mysterious bundle next to me.

I can clearly felt Qinyu's heart palpitating irregularly.

He pulls me slowly to his back and signalling me to move towards the fire pit. I grab tightly on his arms and shaking my head vigorously.

"Shhh-- please wait for me at the fire pit. I am going to check on that bundle first. It is not safe for you to follow me around sticking to me like a glue. I am afraid that I will injure you accidentally, if someone decides to sneak on me in this darkness." He whispered as he shoved me back slowly towards the said so fire pit.

I just nod in disagreement as I slowly pacing backward towards the fire pit and sat there quietly. My eyes still roaming around the dark cave as I still can feel that's definitely there is something out there watching me from the darkest part of the cave.

"It's a pack of animal's skins and furs with some herbs for wound in it." Qinyu shoves me the bundle pack and sat down next to me.

"Where did it came from? I definitely saw it came rolling from the inside of the caves. There's definitely someone there, lurking around in the darkness." My voice trembled at the end of my sentence.