Chapter8: Attack

It has been a fortnight past since I first got lost into this world full of beasts. The life here is quite easy and carefree. The food, the shelter, the clothes and whatever I needed were all being provided by Yin. I just need to ask. He will get all those things that I needed as soon as he can.

He said that it was the males job to provide for their mates. The more males you have, the better life you'll get. That's why Queen Asya have 13 concubines with quadruple marks and a king of quintuple marks for herself. She is the most notorious female in Beast City as she owned the most and powerful males compared to others. No one dares to go against her and her mates.

As she is married to different species of males, she gave birth to many strong males in the past. But she never had a tiger cub before.

Yin was adopted. He was the only adopted child of Queen Asya and the king, but they love him so much. Yin said that his biological parents were both killed by the ferals. If the king and queen didn't picked him up and raised him, he might have died due to hunger or killed by the other carnivorous beast.

Yin also said that he have a lot of older brothers consist of bears, wolves, and even hawks. All of them are Queen Asya's real children with her concubines.

Most of Yin's brothers were already married and lived with their spouses all over the kingdom. Only Yangle, the hawk is still single even though he had already achieved his triple marks a year ago.

Yin said that Yangle was so picky in choosing his mate. He despised arrogant and ugly females.

Due to famine outbreak not so long before, most of the females are likely to be thin and fragile. The food supplies were scarce at that time. So, Yin said that chubby and voluptuous female like me is hard to come by.

No wonder he was so determined to make me his mate. He likes chubby girls. What a weirdo~

In my world, if you're fat, you'll be discriminate. But it is different here. The more belly fat you have, meaning that you're well fed and have higher fertility rate. Every females envies you, while the males are willing to die just to be with you.

Yin had warned me in advance to keep a clear distance from Yangle. He said that his brother is kind of crazy and perverted. But deep down, I feel that he just made that up so that I don't ever think of adding Yangle to my harem.

I giggle as I remembered how Yin's face became distorted when I mentioned about how I wish I can go and see his brother, Yangle, as I heard that the hawk beast men have a well-built figure. They have strong jawline, high nose and even sharp slanted eyes. Their hair are quite lovely as it was a mix of brown and blonde. Just like the feathers of the red-tailed hawk.

And of course, because of the lousy mouth of mine, Yin forbids me from getting out from the castle until my injury is fully healed. As Yangle was always soaring outside of the city walls to protect the citizens from upcoming unknown danger. Yin afraid that Yangle would spotted me if I went outside of the castle as the hawk's eyes are really sharp and can see clearly miles away.

Today, Yin was asked to accompany the tiger king to attend to some unfinished business in the wolf's kingdom. It was due to the quintuple snake beast attacks. In the last attack, he managed to injured the wolf king and snatched some precious stones from the king's castle. Yin and the king were in a hurry. I never had the chance to ask about the precious stones that they were talking about.

Yin's only friend, Lee, the witch doctor's apprentice, always came to the castle to look after my injury. Today, he will open the cast on my foot. He said that my ankle had 100% healed. I can go for a walk on the meadow at the outskirts of the city, with Yin. He said that the view of the meadow was wondrous. I should go there once this cast was taken off. I was getting bored being locked up inside this castle for a long time just to recuperate.

"Hana, what is your beast clan?" Lee asks as he repacking all his tools and utensils into a wooden box.

I just staring at him blankly. Why did he suddenly ask me about my origin?

"Er-- human, I guess--" I muttered.

"Oh-- no wonder that Yin was so fond of you. You're from the outside world. You're the spitting image of her." He smiles vibrantly.

I was dumbstruck by his word. Whose exactly this girl that they were always referring me to? Spitting image? Do we really look the same? Is she from my world too?

Maybe I should ask Yin when he got back home. Curiosity is bad for my health anyway.

___________________________________

Today the sun was shining bright right up on the clear blue sky, so I went out for a walk to the outside of the city walls . The meadow was so beautiful. It was located just a 10 minutes walk from the tiger clan's castle. Even though the meadow was located outside of the city walls, the people of the city loves to spend their times there as it was a popular place for the females to sunbathe.

I walk pass by the guards on the main gate and walk swiftly towards the vast green field layered with some peonies and daisies through out the entire field. It was indeed an astounding views.

How I wish that Yin was here with me.

I kick a pebble into the stream and it ripples. I sigh as I squatting down at the river banks and sticking my fingers into the running stream.

Suddenly, I felt cold running through the back of my neck. I glance down and saw a red pair of eyes glaring dagger at me from the deep riverbed. I pull my hands in a hurry and try to run away from the unknown danger.

Swooooshhhh----- Thud!

"Oww--" I winch in pain as I tripped on my own foot and fall down to the ground.

There was trace of blood on both of my palms and knees. I need to get up and flee before that scary beast catches me.

"It's a feral!!!"

"Protect the females! It's a snake beast!"

I was dumbfounded. I couldn't get myself up hearing all those screaming all around me. I just keep on trembling and sobbing, wishing that this is just a terrible nightmare.

Swoopp---

In a sudden, my body was raise up to the air. There is a thick, cold, scaly thing wrapping me up on my waist. It was a snake's tail!

I turn my head and saw a tall figure half man half snake standing next to me. He hisses while glaring his scarlet, fierce slanted eyes at me.

He is going to eat me! Somebody, help me!

I was too afraid to let out any scream. My voices stuck at the back of my throat. There are only trickle of blood and sweat pouring down from my palms and forehead.

Hisssssss---

The snake beast grabs me tightly into his arms before he sliding down into the stream and slithers away far away from the city into the deep dark forest.

I try to squirm myself out from his grasp to look back at the Beast City but the red scarlet snake hugs me tighter making me hard to breathe.

Yin! Please help me---

I feel that my view became darker before I was totally knocked out due to less of oxygen.