Chapter 25: Madman

Zayn's POV

My ears perked up as I heard a deafening, ugly laugh coming from the cave's opening.

Shit! It's him!

I thought that after he killed his mate and his partner in crime, he wouldn't came back. I was totally wrong.

I bit off my lower lip anxiously.

"Kyaaaahhhh!!!"

I stood up in a hurry, change myself into my beast form and ran off towards the cave's opening.

No! No one can hurt her. No one!

I'd pledge myself to protect her. I'd rather die than letting that scumbag of a stepfather hurting her!

I crawl myself up onto the cave's ceiling and waited quietly behind those huge stalactites.

*heavy steps running*

I saw Hana running inside with tears streaming through her beautiful rounded, dark eyes. She looks completely devastated and scared.

When I was sure she was getting farther away into the cave, I jump down from the cave's ceiling and crawled as fast as I could towards the outside.

When I finally reached the cave's opening, I stopped and stood by silently as I observed the tiger beastman clenching his gigantic paws on his prey's head.

There was a bloodied fowl laying lifelessly on the ground. His colourful feathers had been forcefully plucked out. He is now looks like a chicken ready to get roasted.

I move stealthily towards the tiger's back and clawing one of my hard pincer to his neck.

He jolts and roaring in pain.

"Why did you came back?!" I ask fiercely as I tightening up my pincer on his neck and shoving him upward so his legs was totally off the ground.

*coughing blood*

"Heh-- Zayn. My boy. I miss you. You had gotten big." He smiles eerily before coughing a lot more blood.

"I am not your son. I am a scorpion and you are a tiger. You had killed my father and my mother. Don't you remember? You left me to die in this very cave. If it's not because of my parents' dead bodies, I might have died due to starvation." I trembling in anger as I clawing one of his hind leg and snapping it off from his body.

"Gahhhh! You are a madman! No wonder your mother despised both of you and your father. Hahahahaha!!!!" He laughing out loud like a lunatic.

I clawing my other pincer to his abdomen and tear his head off from his body. I pull his already torn apart torso and throw it off the cliff.

I turn myself back to my human's form and kicked his disgusting head off out from the cave.

"Disgusting--"

I walk myself to the darkest corner of the cave and sat myself down while looking pitifully at the naked peacock beastman.

I knew that I wasn't a good looking male as every females that stayed in this mountain cringing whenever they saw my face.

"You're lucky. You have a good look and already had a really beautiful female as your mate. You just need to level up so that you can protect her from dangerous ferals like me and my stepfather. I admit that I'd fall in love with your mate. But-- I know that I can only dream about it. I am not you. No one likes me. Even my mother had abandoned me." I sigh heavily as I remembered the scene where my mother putting a knife on my face trying to kill me as I was totally being despised and unwanted.

I was a child born by rape.

I scratch on my arm deeply till it bleed as I trying my best to control my frustrations.

If I'd never been born--hmmm

"Just get out from my place-- You're free to leave. Don't you ever pitied me. I don't need it. Just take your mate with you and scram." I whisper in a hoarse voice as I got myself up and turn towards the inside of the cave.

"Qinyu--"

I stop in a halt as the sweet voice ringing through my ears. I quickly covered my face with both of my arms and run into the deepest part of the cave as fast as I can.

I hope that she didn't see my hideous face. I don't have the guts to look into her eyes. She might hated me if she ever saw my disgusting face.

-------

Hana's POV

I was worried of Qinyu. He is a doctor. I don't think that he can fought with that ferocious tiger beastman. As in reality-- how can a peacock kills a tiger, right?

I walk carefully towards the cave opening and saw a tall, dark skin, burly male kicking something out from the cave.

That's not the tiger beastman I saw from before. He is-- hmmm-- something else.

I can feel a subtle dark aura emitting from him, but it doesn't scares me a bit. In fact, it made me want to get close to him even more-- he makes me feel like am safer to be with him.

Living here, in this barbaric world, where's the stronger eats the weak making me appreciate the existence of Joo and Yin in my life. Without them, I'd might been devoured and eaten alive.

I trying to walk on my tiptoes towards him before I spotted Qinyu laying lifelessly not far from him.

"Qinyu--"

I was shocked seeing all the blood splattered all over the cave making my body trembles a lot.

The mysterious man was taken aback by my voice, covering his face with both of his arms before dashing passed me and disappeared into the darkness.

"Wai--wait!!" I yell out but the mysterious man was already long gone.

I was utterly shocked seeing Qinyu's battered body. He was badly injured. I drop myself on my knees and cried.

Why? God, why? Please don't take anyone away from me again. Please! I'd rather died than seeing anyone lose their life protecting me. Not like my dad did. Not like my sister did.

I took Qinyu's featherless wing into my hands.

"You should have run away and save yourself. I am a nobody. If I died, no one would ever remembered me. You should valued your life more." I sniff.

I lowered my head and rest my already wet cheeks on Qinyu's wing.

"You know-- you actually a really nice person. I'm sorry I had dragged you into all of this. If only I knew a little bit about herbs and medicine, I could help dressing your wounds." I wipe the remaining tears off my face while smiling bitterly.

"Eh but--" I stood up in a hurry and searching around for the mysterious bundle I got earlier.

There's should be herbs for wound in it. It might help Qinyu to recover. I rummage throughout the cave only to had my hope crush.

The herbs was already stained with blood and wilted. Maybe it was trampled over while those beastmen fought ferociously earlier.

I grab on the already tainted herbs and repeatedly smashed it to the ground.

"Kyaaaahhhh!" I yell out loud trying to let out all of my frustrations and anger.

I keep on scratching the ground till my fingertips starting to bleed. I cried and cried till my throat became hoarse.

"I can help."

A very hoarse voice rang up from the deepest part of the cave.

I look up and glancing towards the origin of the voice and cried.

"Please save him-----"