Chapter15: Idea

"Hey-- are you okay, Hana? Here's, eat some of this. I brought you some sweet and tangy fruits. I hope that you like it." Yangle says as he shove a basket full of freshly picked fruits to me.

I took the basket from him and smiles, "Thank you, Yangle. Do you want to eat it together with me?"

His face flushing red in an instant.

"Nope. It's okay. I'll peel them for you. I'm not so fond of fruits anyway since I am a carnivore beastman." He answered as he took an orange out and peeled it for me.

"Oh-- yeah. I forgot that you and Yin, are both carnivorous." I took the orange slice and eat it. I frown as the orange was too sour to my liking.

"Is it too sour?" Yangle asks as he passes a bottle of water to me.

"Yeah." I replied, as I took another slice and eat it.

" You don't have to eat it if you don't like it. I will throw out all the oranges. You can try to eat the apple. The female villagers told me that the red fruit is sweet. You might like that one." He smiles as he took out the red apple from the basket.

"Thank you, Yangle." I thank him and took the apple from his hand and take a bite.

Yes, it's sweet indeed.

I cast a glance at Yangle and saw him wrapping up all the sour oranges into a rag. Suddenly, I got an idea.

"Hey Yangle. Please don't throw out all the oranges yet. I want to use it as a sauce ingredients for the fish dish that I'll make today. Yin said that he might brought home some fish today rather than meat as the river is not too far from the village." I jump down from the tree house and slide down to the ground using the tree trunk.

"Hey! Watch out! You might fall down!" Yangle yells as he transforms into a half beastman and caught me halfway down from the tree house.

"Jeez-- you are not fun. I always climbing up the tree since I was little. You don't have to fetch me every time I want to go down. I can do it myself." I pout.

"Okay. I believe that you can climbed up and down the tree without any problem. But what if you fall down from that height? Your bones might break. Yin would kills me if he knows that I letting you slide down from the tree house like that." He grunts.

"Oh-- did Yin asked you to take care of me while he went out hunting?" I ask sheepishly.

"Yeah. That's why I sit on the tree branch with a basket of fruits like a fool. Do tell me which hawks in their right mind would sitting all day long on the tree branch doing nothing but peeling fruits? No. There are none. It's quite a disgrace for us, the sky hunters to sit idly peeling fruits for the female. But if is it for you-- I don't care. I absolutely will do anything for you." He smiles as he landed himself safely on the ground.

My face are blushing red after listening to his small talk. What is Yin planning to do? If he continues to let Yangle took care of me like this, it would be hard for me to tell him off later. He would be demanding to be a part of the harem one day.

I frown as I remembered Yin's sad face yesterday. I need to have a serious talk with Yin later. We can't depending on Yangle too much. It's unfair to him as I didn't wish to add anyone into my harem anymore. Not if it's obviously will torn my mates heart.

"Now that we are already on the ground, what do you want to do?" Yangle asks as he gaze deeper into my eyes.

Suddenly I remembered that I need to use the toilet. So I push him away and walk myself fast to where the toilets are.

"Hey-- where are you going, Hana?" Yangle morphs himself back to his human's form and followed me closely.

"I want to do some 'private business'. Can you not follow me around? Just do the things that hawks love to do and leave me alone!" I shoo him off while pacing myself quickly to the toilet.

"Nope. I can't leave you alone. That's Yin's direct order." He snickers as he casually walks behind me while whistling in joy.

"I want to go to the toilet you idiot! Please give me some privacy!"I scream out loud before dashing myself to the small building near the river.

I'm not used to this small and unconventional toilet like this. There is no toilet paper too. It's either we use leaves or water to clean up. It's so inconvenient.

"Hey-- are you done yet? Or are you ran out of leaves already? I can get you some if you want." Yangle says as he knocking repeatedly on the toilet door.

"Please. Just give me some privacy--" I grunt lowly. He is so annoying. I will absolutely forbade Yin from asking Yangle to babysit me, ever again.

---

"Do you like the steamed fish?" Yin asks as he adds some of the fish meat into my bowl.

"Emmm-- but it would be more delicious if we eat it with some steamed rice." I say it while salivating thinking about the dish I had in my mouth would be a perfect pair with hot steamed rice.

Both Yin and Yangle glance at each other with visible frown on their already stern face.

"Err-- does it hard to find rice in beastmen kingdoms? If it is something that is hard to find, it's okay. I'll learn to live without it." I smile as I dip the fish meat into the lime sauce I made earlier with the sour oranges Yangle picked before.

"No. There is a lot of rice in the kingdom, but--- we don't know how to cook it. We never ate it before. Only the shark clan who lives with the buffalo clan treat rice as their staple food. We hawks, tigers and wolves are not really fond of greens and carbs." Yangle answers as he grabs on the fish head and gobble it up.

"Oh-- I can cook it. If you mix carbohydrates, vegetable and protein in your diet, it might help you stay full for a longer period. It might boost your energy and immune system too. The taste is not that bad either. If we use right condiment to cook the food, it might taste delicious than the roasted meat you always had in your entire life." I try to coaxing them into trying new dishes as I was getting bored eating the same roasted meat everyday.

Both of them gulping their saliva simultaneously.

"It might be true. This steamed fish you made is a lot tastier than the roasted meat I had always ate. You are not only beautiful but wise too. Please teach me more on how to prepare delicious foods like this. I'm willing to learn and cook for you for the rest of my life." Yin said as he smacks his lips twice while licking it with his tongue.

"I am a foodie. Of course I know how to cook tasty dishes. We just need to find the right ingredients. So that we can make a lot more delicious meals everyday." I smile vibrantly as I scoop some of the fish meat and fill it into both of the men's bowls.

"Just tell me what do you want and I will find it for you." Yin smile dotingly as he continues to eat the fish I gave.

"Your excellent cooking will attract more people to this village. Don't you want to try to sell your food here? We might have zero knowledge on how to make something delicious but we can provide you with hard labor. Just name it. We will be willing to do it for you." Yangle eyes were brim with inspiration.

I don't know. Maybe by opening a food stall here might help us financially. We do need money to buy food ingredients and other necessities. Maybe this would be the best way to survive here. Who knows I might be the 'Gordon Ramsey' of the beastmen kingdoms in the future. Right?

"Okay. Let's start making a list on items that I need for preparing food for tomorrow. We might need a lot of ingredients as I will provide free tester for the whole village. Hopefully they will love my cooking just like the both of you." I grin as I continue to eat the fish I had in my bowl.