Chapter6: Queen

"Hana! Are you alright?! Why did you let go of my hand and running away like that? Did you hurt yourself?" Yin asks with a worried tone while checking on both of my palms and ankles.

"Ow--" I winch as he touches at my already swollen, injured ankle.

"Thank God. You didn't have new injuries. Please don't runaway from me again. I apologise for what I've said before. I don't have anyone else except you. Please believe me." Yin apologies sincerely while massaging softly on my injured ankle.

"Hmmmph!"

I couldn't dare to look at his face. I'm not mad at him. It just that, I'm sick of being compared to--

Haaaaa---

Every one that I ever knew always comparing me with their favourite person. To be exact, they compared me to my perfect, but already dead sister-- Ayna.

"Yin? When did you get back?"

A very attractive woman in a Greek yellow gown asks while smiling a perfect set of white teeth walking towards us. She is so beautiful and young. Maybe she is Yin's older sister. I guess.

"Mom!" Yin calls happily while hopping himself up and hugging the beauty in front of us.

Mom? Did I heard it right? No. It can't be right. She looks like in her mid twenty. How can she gave birth to Yin who is just a couple years younger from her? Oh! Maybe she is Yin's stepmother. His father remarried. That could be it.

"Mom. This is Hana. My official wife." Yin says out loud bursting my bubble of thought.

"Ishhhh!" I kick him hard on his calf but he doesn't budge. He just giggling while bowing down to me. He stretches out both of his arms and pulls me up into his arms with one soft tug.

"Hi Hana. Welcome to our humble home. I am Asya. Yin's mom. The queen of the tiger's clan." She says politely as she bows slightly towards me.

"Oh- thank you, my queen. It's an honour to see you in person." I bow as low as I could while trying to bear the intense pain I felt on my injured ankle.

I try to reply as polite as I can, hiding the painful look on my face. Who knows I could possibly lost my head if I unawarely ridicule the queen with my lousy mouth or weird expression.

The queen smiles while lifting up my chin using her long and thin index finger.

"Please call me mom. You are my one and only daughter in law. Please don't bow too low. It is improper as someday you will be the next queen of our clan." She smiles as she pulls me into a hug.

Her hug is so warm. I can feel that I am certainly welcome here.

"Thank you, mom." I reply short as I return her hug back.

She is a good mom. No. She might be the best mom. Yin looks so playful besides her. He never needs to hide his feelings whenever he was with her. My mom is the opposite of her. Everything I said or did was always wrong in her eyes. She was too strict. Its suffocates me.

"Mom. Where's Lee? Hana had a broken ankle when I found her near the forbidden stream near the mystical forest border." He says.

Forbidden stream? Mystical forest border? What was that?

"Oh--no wonder--hmm--" Queen Asya pauses.

She glances a second at me and smirks.

"Lee will be back tonight with your father. They had to go to the Wailing Forest to see the Wolf King. There was a quintuple snake beast trespassing the wolf's territory, killing most of their army guarding near the forest. No one knows why the feral went berserk there. It was unusual as the feral always avoiding necessary fights with the army of any major kingdoms." She says.

"Quintuple? Wow. That's why they need dad to be there. He is on par with the two kings himself." Yin sniggers.

"Did they manage to capture the feral beast yet?" He asks.

"Not yet. But they manage to injure the beast and got their hands on some of his precious scales. It can be uses to make as antidote for his venom." She says nonchalantly while waving her hands as an act of dismissal to a group of attractive men sitting not far from us.

I just watch the group of men bow down towards their queen before leaving the garden. That must be the queen's harem. I sneak a glance towards the queen and got caught red handed peeking on her concubines.

Oh shit!

I quickly averted my eyes towards Yin and smile awkwardly. There were traces of fear being exposed on my face. I'm also beginning to sweat a lot whenever I was anxious.

"Wow. It must be a great battle then. Quintuple marks beast-- I never seen one on feral. He must be a powerful feral. I need to get stronger. Hana would be in danger if I stay as triple marks forever." Yin balls up his knuckle while gritting his teeth hard.

"You must had fall head over heels for Hana, right?" Queen Asya sneers while glaring a dagger at me.

I bit my bottom lip hard enough till it bleed. My eyes are averting like crazy trying to avoid the queen's glare.

I just couldn't handle this anymore.

"Of course mom. We, males can only have one mate in a lifetime. I'd marked her. She'll be the only one for me." Yin smiles widely as he pecks softly on my forehead.

"I'd made my choice. I'll not regret it. I hope that mom and dad can accept my decision as it is." Yin adds while grabbing hard my hand into his.

"Haa--" The queen sighs a little before taking both of our hands into hers.

"I do hope that you do know what you are doing, son. I give you my blessings. So rest assured. Your dad will do the same too." She let go of our hands and pulls Yin and I into a big hug.

"Don't be so naughty and gazing at other males at your first day of marking. Yin would be upset if he knew that you peeking at my concubines just now." The queen whisper to my ear.

I swallow my saliva hard and nod slowly.

"You can add another males to your harem, I wouldn't have care. But not today." She pats on my back before releasing our hugs.

"Yin-- please take your wife to your room to rest. She must be tired from the long journey. I want to go out for shopping. So see you at dinner time." She says before she walks herself out from the garden.

"Yes mom." Yin replies with a bow from both of us.

"Let me carry you to my room. I'm afraid that your ankle will get worse if you try to walk yourself to the 3rd floor." Yin says as he lowering himself down, kneeling one knee on the ground.

"Let me carry you." He asks me once again.

"I'm heavy. I still can walk. So let us walk ourselves together to your room." I reject him politely.

How could I let him carry me up climbing those flights of stairs all the way to 3rd storey? I'm weighing 210lb for god sake! He will injures his back. I'm not taking any risk. I'm not going to take care of him for the rest of his life if he becomes cripple because of me. Plus, his mom will resent me forever if I ever hurt his son.

I shake my head vigorously.

Nope! I won't take those risk! Never!

"I'm sorry, I won't let you carry me. I'm dead serious." I staring dagger at him trying to stop him from doing things as he please.

"Then-- I'm sorry." Yin says nonchalantly before he grabs me up into his arms and running towards the castle's door.

"Yin!!!" I just screaming out loud while grabbing hard onto his wide shoulders trying not to fall off while he's climbing up the stairs.