Chapter Twenty-One

"Where have we landed, Doctor?" You asked as the both of you stepped out of the TARDIS.

"This is impossible..." the Doctor said out loud as he looked around your surroundings.

You begin to look around as well. You gave the Doctor a stern look.

"Doctor, we are back to where we started, except everything is nice and back to normal-"

"We're in the future, well not techinally but technically we are. The attack of the Hooligans never happened, never existed-"

You suddenly beamed at the Doctor.

"That means my family is alright!" You said with a running start.

"Y/N! Y/N!" It was no use. You were already at a dead sprint, almost to the end of the road. You took a sharp right and stopped in the middle of the road. You saw the Doctor right behind you.

"You're surprisingly fast," You said, feeling out of breath.

"Ohhh, I just love running, don't you?"  the Doctor said with a sligjt chuckle.

There was an awkward silence as the wind was slightly picking up a breeze, causing the leaves to rustle.

"Well, come on, I want you to meet my family," you suggested with a smile on your face.

"After you," the Doctor said, ever-so-politely.

You opened the front door to the patio and held it for the Doctor behind you.

You continued through the patio and then walked into the front living room. Instantly, you were bombarded by police men and flashing cameras.

"Doctor?" You yelled over the clicking of the cameras.

He shrugged his shoulders.

"What's going on?" You demanded to the officer to your right.

"Miss L/N, you have been missing for two years and now you unexpectedly come here with a strange man. We need to know details..." the officer explained.

"Two years?" You said in shock.

"Yeah, looks like you lost time when you ran off with the man of youe dreams," the officer stated. You didn't know if he was being sarcastic or not. You needed to here the whole story. What happened while you were gone.

"Where are my parents?" You asked as the officer sat you down in the familiar dining room.

"Miss L/N, I'm sorry, but your parents passed away in a car crash a couple weeks ago," the officer said with a solemn look.

You tried not to take the news to depressingly. For heavens sake, you witnessed robots killing your family.

"Your Grandma will be in to talk to you briefly," the officer simply said as he exited the room.

You didn't want to talk to your Grandma, you needed answers from the Doctor. How could your parents die twice, well two different ways? The ticking of the grandfather clock was starting to drive you bonkers. You heard the door open, it was your Grandma with a not-so pleasant face.

"Y/N, you have a lot of explaining to do," Grandma said with crossed arms.

"I think it would be better if we both did the explaining," the Doctor barged into the room as he gave you a wink.

You gulped.